MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates per DHD (p.15): J 19.75M, 12S 15.3M, DoT 14.7M, TP 12.1M, TGS 11.1M, P2 8.3M, TC 6.8M, TLJ 6.5M, I:TLK 5.9M, FMG 4.3M

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Depp is gonna be the best thing about FB2.

Mark my words and quote my like I were SteveJaros.

I don’t think people are gonna avoid FB2 because Johnny Depp is in it.

In fact, MOTOE did currently $344M WW which had Depp in that movie. And that is a big success.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I don’t think people are gonna avoid FB2 because Johnny Depp is in it.

In fact, MOTOE did currently $344M WW which had Depp in that movie. And that is a big success.

Or maybe they saw MOTOE because

Spoiler

Depp dies 30 minutes into the movie.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Eh, reviews seem solid but not overwhelming positive. Variety compared it to The Danish Girl. Wildlife sounds like a much bigger hit waiting to happen.

The Tale is also getting some really strong reviews, particularly for Laura Dern :jeb!: It's definitely not going to be a hit with the GA unless there are some Oscar nominations though; there were quite a few walkouts because of how graphic the film is.

Edited by WrathOfHan

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That nearly $3,800 PTA for I, Tonya :ohmygod: 

Not surprised at all by the MG drop. A lot of theaters in Orlando have put it down to two shows per day, and some are simply late-night only.

I wish it made more money. Movie is pretty great.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Tale is also getting some really strong reviews, particularly for Laura Dern :jeb!: It's definitely not going to be a hit with the GA unless there are some Oscar nominations though; there were quite a few walkouts because of how graphic the film is.

There's been a lot of good stuff shown so far but nothing has screamed "instant breakout" like The Big Sick or Call Me by Your Name (or Get Out, which had a surprise screening) did last year.

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Eh, reviews seem solid but not overwhelming positive. Variety compared it to The Danish Girl. Wildlife sounds like a much bigger hit waiting to happen.

Ohhh Paul Dano's directorial debut.  Love & Mercy was so overlooked a couple years ago. 

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That Laura Dern reign wont let up 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/21/the-tale-review-stunning-sexual-abuse-drama-laura-dern

• Like 1