MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates per DHD (p.15): J 19.75M, 12S 15.3M, DoT 14.7M, TP 12.1M, TGS 11.1M, P2 8.3M, TC 6.8M, TLJ 6.5M, I:TLK 5.9M, FMG 4.3M

Call Me by Your Name is pretty good but it is an upper-class liberal fantasy. Cultured white people in a paradise on earth being oh so open minded and civilized. That doesn't take away from the acting and the raw feeling, but the hallelujahs won't care about it.

Edited by Kraken
  • Like 4

Forecasting Den of Thieves with a 15M weekend:

Remainder of this week: 6M (21M total)

Jan 26: 20.5M (7M weekdays, 48.5M Total)

Feb 2: 30M (10M weekdays, 88.5M total)

Feb 9: 29M (11M weekdays, 128.5M Total)

Feb 16: 25M (6M weekdays, 159.5M Total)

Final Total: 350M (23.3x)

:sparta:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Jumanji forecast with a 21.1M weekend (slightly less wtf but still wtf):

Remainder of this week: 7.4M (325.4M Total)

Jan 26: 21.5M (7.4M weekdays, 354.3M Total)

Feb 2: 17.8M (6.6M weekdays, 378.9M Total)

Feb 9: 16.8M (5.5M weekdays, 401.2M Total)

Feb 16: 13.3M (6.6M weekdays, 421.1M Total)

Feb 23: 9.6M (3.2M weekdays, 433.9M Total)

Mar 2: 8.2M (2.4M weekdays, 444.5M Total)

Mar 9: 6M (2.1M weekdays, 452.6M Total)

Mar 16: 5M (1.6M weekdays, 459.2M Total)

Mar 23: 3M (1.3M weekdays, 463.5M Total)

Mar 30: 2M (800k weekdays, 466.3M Total)

Final Total: 471M (8.92x from 5 day/16.24x from 3 day)

jumanji-ii.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

FUCK I SHOULD HAVE PUT JUMANJI HIGHER ON MY WINS LIST :ohmygod: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My phone was fuckin up earlier :apocalypse:

What I was going to say is I'm happy to see Den of Thieves doing well. Hopefully we see more lower budget action/crime movies in the future, I miss those days where a Cliffhanger or Marked for Death was the must see movie of the weekend.  

• Like 1

Molly's Game was my theatre's second-busiest movie today other than Jumanji, but was only behind the latter by a smidge. I didn't think it would do well here at all but I'm so glad that it is. I feel like Sunday matinee's will be strong, and that it'll end up with around our equivalent of 22M for the weekend which is just over where Commuter was last week. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a one-week picture though, so while mid-week business will be good, legs are going to be really stubby.

Showman isn't faring quite as well. 3.4M Friday here and around 7.3M for Saturday. Again, Sunday matinees should do well for it, but it isn't going to do much more than 15M for opening weekend here. And we'll likely only have it for 1-2 weeks, not enough to develop those sexy legs its seeing everywhere else. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Favourite part about being able to update the thread title is that I get to put a ludicrous number of acronyms in there.

Then February 9 weekend will be fun with FSF, LBdV and t15:17tP (?)

The 15:17 to Paris

Fifty Shades Freed

La Boda de Valentina

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, baumer said:

That's the whole point.  It doesn't involve animals, so it's lies and conjecture.  It's romantacizing  man who was an evil twisted fuck.  I have no desire to see it.  You can love it, wax poetic about it and recommend it to anyone and everyone.  I will be no part of any of this film.  

I agree and it is shameful this film would have such good legs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Then February 9 weekend will be fun with FSF, LBdV and t15:17tP (?)

The 15:17 to Paris

Fifty Shades Freed

La Boda de Valentina

We're up for some great acronyms in the coming months.

DWHWGFOF

MM!HWGA

FB:TCOG

RBTI:WIR2

THWACIIW

And of course, JW:FK

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

27 minutes ago, aabattery said:

We're up for some great acronyms in the coming months.

DWHWGFOF

MM!HWGA

FB:TCOG

RBTI:WIR2

THWACIIW

And of course, JW:FK

I got MamaMia, Ralph 2 and Jurassic World...

But what the FUCK are the other two :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, CJohn said:

If both of these happen I will step down from being a mod and legit leave BOT forever. And when I have the money to do so I will catch a plane to Florida and build a statue in WOH's honor.

Not even joking. Quote me if it happens.

Image result for you have no power here gif

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I got MamaMia, Ralph 2 and Jurassic World...

But what the FUCK are the other two :lol:

Don't Worry He Won't Get Far on Foot

Fantastic Beasts 2: Bring Back Farrell

The House with a Clock in Its Walls

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

20 hours ago, baumer said:

That's a pretty good theater average for Den of Thieves.  12 Strong did about what I expected.  Interesting that the Post drops to 4th in its second weekend.  It's going to have a nice drop this weekend and perhaps it has a shot at 70 million.  More, if it does some major damage at the oscars.  What more can be said about Jumanji?  I don't think it will hit 400 but it's going to be really close.  As for TLJ, yep, it crosses 600 and no one cares.  Such a ho hum reaction to a film that is going to finish 5th or 6th of all time.  Insidious looks like it's going to finish around 65-68 million and you can bet they are going to dfind another key and make a 5th film.  Way better results than most thought it would achieve.  

Forever Your Girl had about zero promotion to it, at least in my part of the world.  The only reason I know about it is because Jessica Rothe is in it, and it is her follow up to Happy Death Day.  

Fuck You Greatest Showman.

The Commuter will end with about 40 million or so, another okay effort from Neeson.

Too bad Molly's Game didn't do better.  Same with I, Tonya.  Two fantastic films with incredible performances by the two female leads.  

And Proud Mary collapses.  

I care

Agree but, unfortunately, a lot of people don’t really care. I have no plans to ever watch it. 

• Like 2