Ezen Baklattan

SAG Awards Discussion Thread

Best Picture is between Three Billboards and The Shape of Water at this point. I'm both happy and disappointed that the former is looking to clean sweep; happy cause I loved the movie (it was my #5 of the year), disappointed because the backlash over the next 6 weeks is definitely about to intensify.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, New Year New Panda said:

Next up, Mudbound pulls a surprise SAG win!

Honestly, as much as I loved Three Billboards, I think Mudbound may have been an ever-so-slightly more deserving winner. The whole cast is great, it's hard to pick a best-in-show, and it's a more ensemble-driven film by design.

• Like 1

Just now, New Year New Panda said:

I think Three Billboards is winning the Oscar now, unless Greta or Peele pull a surprise DGA win.

Can't see anybody but Three Billboards or Shape of Water winning at this point. Get Out and Lady Bird have more or less run out of big precursors to snag momentum. DGA likely goes to Del Toro.

5 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

Honestly, if they don’t want to use the cursing just use the Deer scene.  The car scene has no bite sanitized (thinking of the Globe one rn)

I'm fully expecting the deer scene to be her Oscar clip. Might be near the top of her best acting moments ever imo.

Just now, MrPink said:

Can't see anybody but Three Billboards or Shape of Water winning at this point. Get Out and Lady Bird have more or less run out of big precursors to snag momentum. DGA likely goes to Del Toro.

I think I'd give the edge to Shape of Water at this point (no bias I swear) just because the backlash to Three Billboards might hinder it a bit

Just now, That One Guy said:

I think I'd give the edge to Shape of Water at this point (no bias I swear) just because the backlash to Three Billboards might hinder it a bit

I don't have much of a clue. I'd give the nod to Billboards, but I haven't seen it so I don't know fully what the backlash is about as of yet.

7 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

I think Three Billboards is winning the Oscar now, unless Greta or Peele pull a surprise DGA win.

Billboards is likely winning unless somehow there really is a backlash. Personally I'd prefer The Shape of Water to take the trophy (it's my favorite film of the year), but Billboards is a very good best picture winner too. 

• Like 1