Ezen Baklattan

SAG Awards Discussion Thread

I'm going with The Shape of Water right now for two reasons:

1. Preferential voting will be much kinder to it than 3B

2. The last five movies to win BP with multiple acting wins were Million Dollar Baby in 04, Shakespeare in Love in 98, Silence of the Lambs in 91, Terms of Endearment in 83, and Kramer vs Kramer in 79. It doesn't happen that often, though maybe that's more reason for 3B to win. idk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Billboards is likely winning unless somehow there really is a backlash. Personally I'd prefer The Shape of Water to take the trophy (it's my favorite film of the year), but Billboards is a very good best picture winner too. 

I'd be fine with either film winning tbh (both are in my top 10). I resigned that my #1 of the year (Call Me by Your Name) has no shot of winning a while back.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Billboards is likely winning unless somehow there really is a backlash. Personally I'd prefer The Shape of Water to take the trophy (it's my favorite film of the year), but Billboards is a very good best picture winner too. 

Right now I’d say

Billboards - 50%

SOW - 25%

Get Out - 7.5%

Lady Bird - 7.5%

• Like 1

Just now, New Year New Panda said:

Right now I’d say

Billboards - 50%

SOW - 25%

Get Out - 7.5%

Lady Bird - 7.5%

About the same, except I'd say that Shape of Water has a 30% chance of winning, and Billboard has a 45% of winning. It's between those two at this point, and more then likely will see a split between best picture and best director like the previous two years. 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm going with The Shape of Water right now for two reasons:

1. Preferential voting will be much kinder to it than 3B

2. The last five movies to win BP with multiple acting wins were Million Dollar Baby in 04, Shakespeare in Love in 98, Silence of the Lambs in 91, Terms of Endearment in 83, and Kramer vs Kramer in 79. It doesn't happen that often, though maybe that's more reason for 3B to win. idk

With preferential system, the movies aren't just compete for who loves them the most, but who hate them the least, 3Billboard doesn't seem to have that feature

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Get Out -0%.

Lady Bird- 5%

Here's the thing: Oscar goes to Fox Searchlight. Last swan song from company(

same feeling, I'm not ready to say Lady Bird is completely dead yet (but it's pretty close), get out is completely dead...

FWIW, only three other films have won 3 SAG awards (American Beauty, Chicago, The Help).

Here's an interesting twist though: all three of those movies won Best Actress (which Three Billboards also did), but lost in the category at the Oscars. McDormand's speech tonight basically said "I want to see younger talent get rewarded instead" so if voters take that to heart...maybe Ronan has a chance?

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

FWIW, only three other films have won 3 SAG awards (American Beauty, Chicago, The Help).

Here's an interesting twist though: all three of those movies won Best Actress (which Three Billboards also did), but lost in the category at the Oscars. McDormand's speech tonight basically said "I want to see younger talent get rewarded instead" so if voters take that to heart...maybe Ronan has a chance?

SALLY HAWKINS!

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Last years usually brokes the some interesting statistics. So I don't believe in Ronan's win. No chance.

McDormand is unstoppable this award's season.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Robbie is over Ronan at this point IMO

Guys, it's over. #MeToo Revenge Fantasy Flick is winning, the worst win since Crash. It's over. TSOW winning PGA means nothing. The voting is closed. No wonder Francis could afford to say stuff like give the award to Sheesha or Margot cause that makes no difference. 

The winners are known:

BP = #MeToo

BD = GdT hopefully and not a McDonagh upset

Script = #MeToo (you'll know #MeToo is winning the whole she-bang when it wins Script cause all recent winners had Script+BP combo)

BA = Francis

BA = Oldman

BSA = Rockwell

BSA = Janney

There will be no upsets. This is their political BP of the season and they'll back it up all the way. 

Edited by Valonqar