Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Glad to see my man Joseph Kosinski get some praise. I remember  watching Tron Legacy over and over when I was younger

Oblivion is great and one he didn't get any appreciation for IMO.  Tron Legacy is still bad.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

it would be a lock without JW3 2 weeks out

Imo, Top Gun and JW3 (as well as Lightyear) could co-exist very well together. They are 3 completely different films. Obviously JW3 will hit Top Guns IMAX screens and PLF formats, but if WOM is strong enough, the movie will recover from that loss quickly.

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Imo, Top Gun and JW3 (as well as Lightyear) could co-exist very well together. They are 3 completely different films. Obviously JW3 will hit Top Guns IMAX screens and PLF formats, but if WOM is strong enough, the movie will recover from that loss quickly.

And I believe Father day and Juneteenth holiday could expand the moviegoing crowd during this period. 

This is likely going to have strong legs given that its main target audience will be older demographics and two big frames (Father's Day Sunday and 4th of July weekend) to give it a boost. Given how light this summer's schedule is in terms of overall product it wouldn't be much of a surprise if it stayed in the top 10 for most of the season.

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

What? I just said the Polygon reviewer gave the movie 78/100 on metacritic, yet it's rotten on RT.

I thought you said the movie had a 78 MC and that it was bad lol. Never mind.