Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

On 6/29/2022 at 11:06 AM, titanic2187 said:

The film marketing is pushing for some strong hold over ID weekend with some thirst trap 

I'd be surprised if this doesn't match last weekend's results. We might even see a slight percentage jump in ticket sales from last weekend. This weekend should be the film's final swan dive. Incredible run. Essentially had a stranglehold on the market for all of June.

5 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

I'd be surprised if this doesn't match last weekend's results. We might even see a slight percentage jump in ticket sales from last weekend. This weekend should be the film's final swan dive. Incredible run. Essentially had a stranglehold on the market for all of June.

The movie has IMAX return this weekend , should help the legs further.

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I wouldn't bet on it. Cruise is the boss, not the studio. Not sure he'd like to sign up for a ton more. Maybe one more IF the story is right and can challenge himself. There's a nice ring to a trilogy, but he wouldn't rush into it either. The MI films are going on, because they are keep getting better and the stunts crazier. It's going to be tough to top TG: Maverick. I mean Paramount can do a spin-off without him if they want Hobbs and Shaw numbers, but what's the point.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

I saw this a third time tonight. Though I don't have any hard evidence to back it up, I would guess that a decent chunk of the sellout audience was also there on a repeat viewing just based on how the bigger moments seemed to get a less animated reaction that they did on my viewings during the first two weekends.

34 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Will cruise make 10% of total gross after end of TGMs run apart from 12.5m upfront?

If TGM makes 1.3B WW...will he get 12.5+(1.3B*10%) = 142.5m?

Nobody has any actual clue how much money he makes or what his deal is other than him, his lawyers and Paramount.  With that said, it's a fuckload of money.  

He deserves every single penny of it and more.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Nobody has any actual clue how much money he makes or what his deal is other than him, his lawyers and Paramount.  With that said, it's a fuckload of money.  

He deserves every single penny of it and more.  

Yup he totally deserves it! Infact this movies credit goes to cruise for standing upto paramount...with regards to their shitty 45 day theatrical window...had it been true....it would have had just 8 more days of run from today before it premiered on Paramount+

13 hours ago, BruiseCruise said:

Từ những gì tôi đã đọc 10% của nó sau khi các rạp chiếu phim cắt bỏ + cắt giấy phép, video gia đình, hàng hóa, v.v.

vì vậy từ phòng vé, giả sử nó kết thúc với 1,3 tỷ và các rạp chiếu phim đạt 650 triệu, sau đó anh ta nhận được séc tiền thưởng 65 triệu

that's profit.  I think it's 10% of the box office, not 10% of the profits