Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

2 hours ago, ky02121 said:

Not with that lackluster ballad 

Tough task to live up to Top Gun history (Take My Breath Away) and her own (Shallow), with the big sweeping movie ballad. The original Top Gun hits you over the head with the Berlin song throughout. They seemingly wanted to avoid that this time, but the scene with "Hold My Hand" ends up feeling tacked on at the end.

But it's funny, the beach football scene in Maverick takes a lot of the elements from the infamous beach volleyball scene, down to both being set to a pop rock song. But "Playing with the Boys" isn't even the most memorable Kenny Loggins song from the soundtrack, so maybe "I Ain't Worried" doesn't suffer so much in comparison?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Even with the digital release if TGM lands BP Oscar nod, it would make sense to bring it back to theatres.

Yeah, this would be nice, in this way easily will touch 1.5 B, but for me i´m more than satisfied with the numbers and fets that achieved this movie, something to remember, for sure!!!

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Can't believe TGM is still in the Top 10! I know it's partly because the market has fewer releases than before, but people still have to respond to it.

"I Ain't Worried" reaches #6 on the Hot 100:

It’s kind of hilarious that it’s throwaway song from the beach football sequence that’s been the most popular song after all the pre-release fuss over GaGa’s song.

• Like 1

This is still at one of my local first run theaters. (Yes, seriously.) Longest run I can recall for a movie here outside of My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

The funny thing is that the one-sheet outside - which has been up since a few weeks before the film's release - has faded so much that it practically looks like it's in black and white now.

• Haha 1