WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 16 if you care): Jumanji 10.9M | Maze Runner 10.5M | Winchester 9.3M | Showman 7.7M | The Post 5.3M | Hostiles 5.2M

24 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Next weekend's going to be far more interesting. I doubt 50 shades will match the last one, I'm thinking something like 36-37M for it. I'm pumped for Peter Rabbit and a hoping it can pull Hop numbers.

15;17 looks DOA. 10M weekend, 30M total. 

:winomg: 

• Like 2

Peter Rabbit looks like the cause for Cancer.

There is a reason why live action family PG movies are dead nowadays. Too cheesy for adults, not cool enough for kids when there are those flashy big budget animated films.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I was always expecting below 10m for Winchester, so 10m would be a decent for it in my eyes.

Yeh me too!

I just noticed the early estimates were out after I posted that and they’re at $10-11m woops! Lol 

:lol:

$10-11m is solid. 

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Sucks that MR is dropping so hard. Even Scorch Trials only dropped 52%

This one is contending with SB in the 2nd weekend. Probably will drop 60%+ on Sunday opposed to 44.5% of MZ2. That and sequelitis. But yeah, still a huge drop if the number holds. Should get to 50m dom which is not far from what folks were predicting last weekend (55-60m dom).

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Under $10m is bad for Winchester 

All the other “Super Bowl Horror films” opened over $10m. 

When A Stranger Calls

The Woman In Black

Warm Bodies

Boogeyman

The Messengers

Rings

The Eye

Darkness Falls

The Uninvited 

I love the first two of those, I have yet to see the rest besides The Messengers which I disliked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Did Tele really quit being a mod?

One always knew the JL-Thor3 combo was gonna take a toll on the mods. Tele has a seen a lot as sheriff, but those threads were too much. Like Tom Bell in No Country for Old Men (no pun intended).

nocountry-ending.jpeg?token=%2BDqy4gAsJP

• Sad 1