Plain Old Tele

Important Staff Update -- "That'll do, pig... that'll do"

I shall not keep you long.

I have called you all together for a Purpose.

First of all, three and a half years is far too short a time to be an admin among such excellent and admirable people. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. I regret to announce that — though I have said, three and a half years is far too short a time to spend with you as an admin — this is the END.

I am going.

I am retiring now. Good-bye.

I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Telemachos.

All of this to say: After some extended consideration, I’m retiring as a member of the BOT staff. I’m doing this to be able to spend more time with my family, and to have more free time for my creative pursuits. I want to thank @Shawn and @Coco Bottle for offering me the position in the first place; I got a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction from being able to contribute to this wonderful place. And thanks to all the rest of the staff @baumer @chasmmi @CJohn @K1stpierre @The Shape of Pasta @JJ-8 @aabattery @DameronRoc @DeeReyEgonnnnn — you guys are awesome and I appreciate all the effort you’ve put into the forums. BOT has grown tremendously in the last several years and I’m honored to have been a part of it. This is truly the best place on the internet to talk about movies and the numbers behind them.

Effective immediately, I’m stepping away from Admin duties. @The Last AndyLL @grim22 @#ED @Vanilla and @Impact will continue to be admins and I think they’re an absolutely fantastic team to lead us all.

So now, I’m just Tele the poster. My last formal Moderation request is to quote Bill & Ted:

Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!

Much love to all of you.

• Like 49
  • Thanks 24
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 15