grim22

BOTs Top 25 Movies of 2017 | NOLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Oh. My God. I totally thought it wasn’t happening!! AND at #5. 

I have waited my entire life for a Wonder Woman movie, and nothing in 2017 tops the No Man's Land sequence.  I am forever indebted to Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot for the euphoric experience of watching Not-Chris Evans tell Diana: "that means no man can cross it ... we can't save everyone in this war ... that is not what we came here to do" followed by camera spinning -- SPINNING!! - as she transformed into Wonder Woman, and told him: "No, but that's what I'M going to do."  I had chills as she ascended that ladder to finally reveal Wonder Woman, in her full costumed glory, on my IMAX screen.  Ugly Sobbing.  I saw it three times opening weekend, and every single time I ugly sobbed through No Man's Land.  Patty Jenkins made a Wonder Woman for women -- notice the lack of male gaze -- populated it with amazing ladies, and filled it with love and compassion.  I can not stress enough how important this movie is to me. So glad it is on the list. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

How did Your Name make it in to the list at all, considering it got done last year? I was robbed a chance of pushing it again! 

A couple of people probably assumed it was eligible considering it wasn't released in the States till April. 

Spoiler

Logan

logan-poster-3.jpg

MxVIjl8.png

wwM7Dtz.png

Logan does something never seen before in CBMs. It actually ends a character's story. A CBM where people die because they forgot their medications is a novelty even in this CBM a month release schedule. Logan uses the "gunslinger on a final mission" trope and plays it straight. One of the best movies of the year.

User Reviews

When Charles died I was like

giphy.gif

and when Logan died I was like

tumblr_inline_ob40mjCodn1swo8gf_500.gif

wwe-showul-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

The best superhero movie since TDK and an absolute amazing way to end Jackman's run as The Wolverine. 

A+

@CJohn

One of the top 5 comic book movies.

+ funny, brutal, and with a big heart. The ending packs a hell of an emotional punch and the final shot is great. The main trio are all excellent. Unburdened by the constraints of a "universe", the movie has real stakes and feels surprisingly fresh

- familiar plot, one action scene too many, too little time spent with the black family

9/10

@The Stingray

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Professor Marston is great. It is in my top ten of the year

I had it at #11. It was Top Ten until Paddington came in like a wrecking ball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank god it did not get any higher.

#41-60

41 Raw
42 God's Own Country
43 Columbus
44 Jumanji
45 Only The Brave
46 A Silent Voice
47 Hostiles