grim22

BOTs Top 25 Movies of 2017 | NOLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Wish it made the Top 50, but I'm glad people gave it a chance and voted for it. 

It was on my list, as I watched it for the first time last month. Really interesting good documentary, that I can't recommend enough. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Wonder Woman

wonder_woman_ver10_xlg.jpg

qOkgkKc.png

W2Otm1U.png

The first female superhero movie of the modern era delivered bigtime. It was one of the biggest hits of the year and the leggiest Superhero movie since CBMs became cool again. Anchored by a great performance by Gal Gadot and really good direction by Patty Jenkins, Wonder Woman provided the thrills and story everyone was expecting. It also included what may be the best action scene in a CBM. A worthy #5

User Reviews:

OK, so this is so good. It's a simple straight movie. The characters have motivations. They are well defined. They are funny to watch. 
It's beautifully shot and tells the story more through pictures rather than dialogue. 
It knows what it wants to be and it is what it wants to be: melodramatic, fun, beautiful, big. A success. 

A- (Very good! Executed with precision and determination.)

@Amadeus

Wonder Woman works where the other DCEU films failed by simply being a simple straightforward story, it is very lean, with a distinct beging, middle and end. I  completely disagree about the ending with most people, it was maybe one of the best parts of the movie and one of the best final acts in a Superhero film, this movie isn't without flaws, but there are so many things it gets so right that it almost doesn't matter. 

So I'll get what I didn't like out of the way, the film is quite long and does drag only slightly here and there. the slow mo is cool, part of the time, it is really overused by the end of the movie. Gal Gadot is really good- most of the movie, two of the villains are very cartoony- but they turn out to be side kicks to the real villain, who while pretty straightforward is a pretty intimidating villain imo. that's pretty much it.

The chemistry between Gal and Chris is off the charts in this movie, and every time the camera pulled away from them I just wanted it to go right back there, Chris Pine is abosutly fantastic in the movie- the romance story is possibly the best romance I've seen in a Superhero film, and one of my favorite things about this movie was how it doesn't mind slowing down and giving real intimate moments that actually make you care about the characters in the movies, there are several scenes like this and it works wonders, Patty Jenkins really excels in this aspect 

There are some scenes that are almost exactly like the First Captain America and I found that more funny then bad though, but they really should know to keep guys named Steve away planes with bombs in them at this point.

The score is amazing, Thysicara is really cool, and Robin Wright and Connie Nelson are both great in the limited time they are in the movie. 

This movie is really genuinely funny- not forced funny either. 

This movie feels like it could have been made 20 years ago, it's just really old fashioned in it's storytelling and I really appreciated that about it.

In the end it may not be the best superhero film ever made, and not everyone is gonna love, but I do think it will end up being one of my favorite SH films to date. this is so much better then the other DCEU films. I can't believe that we finally have a truly good movie from them and I'd like to thank everyone involved who know the best way to go was to stay true to the character. 

@Kalo

• Like 14
  • Haha 1