That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

I do think that none of the future comic book movies will likely be as big as Avengers 3-4 Worldwide but that has been the case for all comic book movies since Ultron currently and no one is arguing they are not successful and won't remain to be. 

5 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

It’s definitely weird. There are people who legitimately don’t like the movie, but that doesn’t seem to be any different from any of the MCU films last year. Yet, this is the one with the lowest anticipated score and audience score.

WOM is excellent.

The audience score is obviously being spammed by alt right trolls.

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But the hype for IW is clearly bigger than either AOU or CW.

Thanos + characters who had smash hit movies in 2016/2017/2018 = $$$$$

Exactly.

Look at all the new "established" characters AOU added from the previous one, and look at all the characters IW will add.

AOU - Absolutely nobody! (Wanda and Pietro were introduced in AOU.)

IW - Black Panther!!! (and Shuri etc.) Rocket Groot and the rest of the Guardians! Spider-Man! (Only one of the big 3 superheroes of all-time (Batman, Spidey, and Superman))

IW is going to be nothing like AOU. I think it's easily going to be the second-most anticipated movie of all time, behind only Episode 7.

The notion that "only some of the new audience from BP will be coming back for IW" is a bad thing is truly bizarre. Its just even more icing on an already ludicrously oversized cake. Thanks to BP, Infinity War just got bigger than it was already going to be.

Note: this post is about any comparisons between IW and AOU/CW/GOTG2 etc. It is not a comparison between IW and BP. I truly have no idea how big BP is going to be, so I cannot make that comparison.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It's different when you've never seen the characters together before.

Where talking 5 franchises that never overlapped together after most of them made over 850 m in the last year or so.

I'm sorry I just dont see how the people who saw GOTG would only go and see avengers because of GOTG. Ant Man was in Civil War, don't recall an increase from age of ultron ...

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

You know why. You know exactly why.

Yeah I do. But it’s sad that some may think it’s accurate. I’ve already seen some self-proclaimed MCU fans defending the score online by saying they found the movie average, despite thinking it’s better than movies like Thor: The Dark World, yet it makes sense for Black Panther to have a lower RT score. And I don’t have much faith in it going up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, REC said:

If the movie is legitimately good the user scores will float back up.  There aren't enough trolls and racists on the internet to overpower pure goodness when it exists.

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

Yeah I do. But it’s sad that some may think it’s accurate. I’ve already seen some self-proclaimed MCU fans defending the score online by saying they found the movie average, despite thinking it’s better than movies like Thor: The Dark World, yet it makes sense for Black Panther to have a lower RT score. And I don’t have much faith in it going up. 

Well the IMDB score went from 6.6 to 7.6 and its till going up. 

2 minutes ago, REC said:

If the movie is legitimately good the user scores will float back up.  There aren't enough trolls and racists on the internet to overpower pure goodness when it exists.

1 point ratings hurt alot more than a collection of honest 8's, 9's, and 10's help.

If my family of three give a 9 point average rating, three trolls voting 1 point brings the score down to a measly 5.

Just now, kitik said:

Exactly.

Look at all the new "established" characters AOU added from the previous one, and look at all the characters IW will add.

AOU - Absolutely nobody! (Wanda and Pietro were introduced in AOU.)

IW - Black Panther!!! (and Shuri etc.) Rocket Groot and the rest of the Guardians! Spider-Man! (Only one of the big 3 superheroes of all-time (Batman, Spidey, and Superman))

IW is going to be nothing like AOU. I think it's easily going to be the second-most anticipated movie of all time, behind only Episode 7.

The notion that "only some of the new audience from BP will be coming back for IW" is a bad thing is truly bizarre. Its just even more icing on an already ludicrously oversized cake. Thanks to BP, Infinity War just got bigger than it was already going to be.

Note: this post is about any comparisons between IW and AOU/CW/GOTG2 etc. It is not a comparison between IW and BP. I truly have no idea how big BP is going to be, so I cannot make that comparison.

They added 200M to their bottom line just by adding the Guardians to the end of the trailer.  Lots of casual moviegoers don't like comic heroes, but they like the Guardians and their fun colorful space adventures.  Even if that's not what this movie is, Chris Pratt + co get them in the door.

Spiderman adds 200M more easily.

IW is going to blow the doors off what people thought was possible.  IW will be much closer to one of those once-in-a-decade cultural events than people realize, just like BP is about to be.

And this will spill over into AM2, which will post much bigger opening weekend numbers than anyone thought possible.

Each of these movies, BP, IW then AM2, feed into each other and boost the next one in a way not seen in previous years.  I think we'll have a much better sense for how IW sets up AM2 once we get there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

1 point ratings hurt alot more than a collection of honest 8's, 9's, and 10's help.

If my family of three give a 9 point average rating, three trolls voting 1 point brings the score down to a measly 5.

Using simple math if you take out the 1's on IMDB its average score is 8.54ish

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

I'm sorry I just dont see how the people who saw GOTG would only go and see avengers because of GOTG. Ant Man was in Civil War, don't recall an increase from age of ultron ...

Civil War wasn't an official Avengers sequel and audiences were luke warm on AOU.

Plus Dr. Strange, SMH, GotG2, Thor Ragnarok and BP collectively will make 1.8 billion domestic.

Way more than Ant-Man. 

1 minute ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Spiderman was already in the last one. Everyone said "Spiderman is in civil war so it's gonna do so much more!" and then it still dropped. Why would it be different now?

The character had just been put through the ringer at Sony.

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Civil War wasn't an official Avengers sequel and audiences were luke warm on AOU.

Plus Dr. Strange, SMH, GotG2, Thor Ragnarok and BP collectively will make 1.8 billion domestic.

Way more than Ant-Man. 

so if Civil War wasn't a real Avengers film, then the lukewarm reception on AOU will affect IW right?

I'm sorry but everyone here is being two sided. If there's a positive thing about Civil War, then it'll boost Infinity War, but if there's a negative thing about Civil War, then its not a real Avengers movie and won't affect Infinity War... make up yo mind.

21 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Funniest post of the thread.

In all seriousness (don't think you actually are), why would anyone expect CBM fatigue at this point. Have heard this for years and yet they are becoming more and more popular.

I think the nature of CBMs, like with animation, paint a world of endless opportunities. So no fatigue anytime soon or ever.

20 minutes ago, Sam said:

That doesn’t bode well for the Captain Marvel over Infinity War Part Deux club I’m gonna make

A fatigued Cap Marvel wins over high-energy AIW2. Brie power #Brielectricity

20 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

I like how this has become a meme now :D

The meme is only getting started. Star Wars Fatigue is already a thing while DJ Fatigue (especially movies that take place in the Jungle) is up next.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Spiderman was already in the last one. Everyone said "Spiderman is in civil war so it's gonna do so much more!" and then it still dropped. Why would it be different now?

??? Civil War was a huge increase over TWS.

After CW and SMH, Spidey-love is at a much higher level now than it was pre-CW.