That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

8 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I've never been much of a fan of T'Challa / Storm relationship. I'm not sure she'd so work so well in a Black Panther sequel honestly, at least not without introducing the concept of mutants at least.

I don't think many people were keen, it was annulled in the comics so I suspect the chances are slim to none.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think many people were keen, it was annulled in the comics so I suspect the chances are slim to none.

It pretty much only happened because some editor got the bright idea to pair up two of Marvel's African based characters. I don't think there was much to it beyond that honestly, so I'm fine with it not being explored in the films. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Will BP make more than the first true black superhero film though?

MV5BMjA3ODM0OTYxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjEw

Steel

Domestic Total Adj. Gross: $3,421,900

Will be hard to top.

Excuse me, but Steel isn't dark or Edgy enough to be a real hero. The true first black superhero was...

Spawnmovieposter.jpg

Box office $87.8 million

28 minutes ago, kitik said:

Imagine these 4 friendly super helpful heroes showing up out of nowhere and saying "hi, we're from another earth, but we'd like to help save yours"

Yeah, having them as extablished heros just would not work in  the MCU on the grounds of "Where the Hell were you when Thanos showed up?".

And as ffor Black Panther, he was not an "establsiehed hero" in Civil War. His appreance there was his first Public appreance, nobody had an idea he existed before then.

• Like 1

Just now, dudalb said:

Yeah, having them as extablished heros just would not work in  the MCU on the grounds of "Where the Hell were you when Thanos showed up?".

And as ffor Black Panther, he was not an "establsiehed hero" in Civil War. His appreance there was his first Public appreance, nobody had an idea he existed before then.

went through a wormhole from the 60s, showed up in modern day.

2 minutes ago, RandomYojimbo said:

Excuse me, but Steel isn't dark or Edgy enough to be a real hero. The true first black superhero was...

Spawnmovieposter.jpg

Box office $87.8 million

Most people have forgotten that "Steel" ever existed....and I have a feeling Shaq is fine with that...

1 minute ago, RandomYojimbo said:

went through a wormhole from the 60s, showed up in modern day.

Setting up that would take as much time and complexity as just doing their  origin in the present day.

DO the FF's origin, but don't built the film around it. You can do it in 20 Minutes if you structure it right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Most people have forgotten that "Steel" ever existed....and I have a feeling Shaq is fine with that...

Considering he's going to try acting again...

(Also Spawn came out two weeks before Steel. fucking wild.)

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Setting up that would take as much time and complexity as just doing their  origin in the present day.

DO the FF's origin, but don't built the film around it. You can do it in 20 Minutes if you structure it right.

Or just do a movie set in the 60s, no origin story, and have the second movie they pop out of a worm hole in modern day.

6 minutes ago, RandomYojimbo said:

Spawnmovieposter.jpg

Box office $87.8 million

Oh, that one is good too, very weird one, I dig it! I still prefer Blade though.

1. Blade 1

2. Blade 2

3. Spawn

4. Blade 3

5. Steel

6. Catwoman

I wonder if Black Panther will be better than Blade. I'm watching it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

Oh, that one is good too, very weird one, I dig it! I still prefer Blade though.

1. Blade 1

2. Blade 2

3. Spawn

4. Blade 3

5. Steel

6. Catwoman

Only saw Blade 2. And BP is definitely better than Blade 2.

1 hour ago, Blank Panther said:

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy poaches both Coogler and Waititi from Marvel. She's already expressed interest in the latter, and Black Panther at points feels like a REALLY GOOD audition reel for Star Wars.

"Borrowes" would be a better word, since in the end Kennedy and Marvel work for the same boss.Schedules can easily be worked out.

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

1. Blade 1

2. Blade 2

3. Spawn

4. Blade 3

5. Steel

6. Catwoman

No Hancock ?