That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Any word how Canadian theaters are comparing to US ones for this movie?  Is it as much of a phenom (or is it more like a regular "intro super" movie, which could hold down numbers to explain Deadline's predictions)...

And off topic, how much does Canada usually pull into the DOM number for these supers movies?

9 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Deadline's #s are be conservative. They're going to shoot up tonight, like Deadpool's first #s two years ago, same holiday weekend, bigger cultural zeitgeist.

That's what I'm feeling. Evening business is going to be off the charts. Good luck finding a good seat if you live in a major city. This will be an all evening event. People are going to get off work, rest their feet for a minute, go out to eat, probably Applebees, then head out to this.

People aren't rushing to matinees, that's what last night was for. I foresee a surge, but will be happy with the BO regardless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

That's what I'm feeling. Evening business is going to be off the charts. Good luck finding a good seat if you live in a major city. This will be an all evening event. People are going to get off work, rest their feet for a minute, go out to eat, probably Applebees, then head out to this.

People aren't rushing to matinees, that's what last night was for. I foresee a surge, but will be happy with the BO regardless.

This is what is wrong with America.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Any word how Canadian theaters are comparing to US ones for this movie?  Is it as much of a phenom (or is it more like a regular "intro super" movie, which could hold down numbers to explain Deadline's predictions)...

And off topic, how much does Canada usually pull into the DOM number for these supers movies?

My theatre for tomorrow is exactly the same as previous mcu movies but I can’t speak for other places in Toronto, I’m north of the city. 

If I remember correctly, someone on this site said Canada was usually about 10% of the domestic box office I think. We’re basically 1/10th the population of you guys. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

(Samson) $2.6M over the four-day holiday.

Presuming a three day of around 2m to 2.1m call it a 5m to 6.5m total, depending on legs?

Not a great result for Pure Flix at all, but it could have been a lot worse.

9 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/weekend-box-office-black-panther-leaps-huge-252m-thursday-previews-1085462

Hollywood Reporter seems in agreement with Deadline. I predict higher. But this is an excellent, excellent opening!

Higher than 252 million 4-day? WOW! Isn't that more the THE LAST JEDI? 

If so, this is a major EVENT 

Edit: I think they forgot to add the point in the 252, should read 25.2

Still anything above 180 is a WIN WIN folks

Edited by Chad Stevens