That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Why would it drop so less on weekend 2-3? 

The forecast just turned out that way because its coming after BP's first normal set of weekdays. It could be a little more spread out than that, but never say never.

23 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Thrilled to see it in 2nd place at the Portuguese box office Monday morning?

Portrashugal, losing to Fifty Shades (I presume) and shit.

But I watched it in Spain, actually. I did a semi-double feature for both Shape Of Water and Black Panther ("semi" meaning that there was a separation of a night of sleep between the two :rofl:). Sooooo, I didn't help either. MCTrashwitch123. :whosad:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Portrashugal, losing to Fifty Shades (I presume) and shit.

But I watched it in Spain, actually. I did a semi-double feature for both Shape Of Water and Black Panther ("semi" meaning that there was a separation of a night of sleep between the two :rofl:). Sooooo, I didn't help either. MCTrashwitch123. :whosad:

Of course it is against Fifty Shades :lol: Should be close between the two but Fifty Shades will win.

Both are already in theaters here and you failed both. MCTrashwitch123 indeed.

Some people treat the theater like its their home. I had one of the rudest moviegoers at BP since I can remember. 

This dude couldn't stop commenting on everything in the movie. He'd insert his "witty" quips thinking the audience would laugh. That wasn't enough so he'd repeat lines after a character said them. He clapped obnoxiously loud after a few action scenes -- the only one to do so. During any dialogue scenes, his face was glued to his bright phone screen. It didn't matter if it was an action scene. When characters started talking, his face was on his phone. 

Towards the 3rd act, he started biting his fingernails, sucked on them, and spit them onto the floor. Probably the worst though, was that he took his shoes off, stinking up the room until he mercifully put them back on. 

There was another guy wearing a Make America Great Again hat, but thankfully he sat in the corner and bothered no one.

Nearly ruined my enjoyment. I needed to rant. I fucking hate people sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 6
  • ...wtf 2

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Of course it is against Fifty Shades :lol: Should be close between the two but Fifty Shades will win.

Both are already in theaters here and you failed both. MCTrashwitch123 indeed.

Well, it's hardly my damn fault anyway considering I have no theaters within less than an hour's driving distance playing either movie. I'm on college vacation, so I don't have the advantage of the local theater either.

Those two movies were only 10% failed by me; the other 90% were failed by the Portuguese cinemas system. :ph34r:

Portuguese Cinemas Systrashem.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Asyulus said:

Edit your guesses here. Deadline pushed into February 23, 2018. You can join if you do not have a prediction yet.

Bumping because I know you guys are 50/50 about Black Panther hitting $1b.

13 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

Some people treat the theater like its their home. I had one of the rudest moviegoers at BP since I can remember. 

This dude couldn't stop commenting on everything in the movie. He'd insert his "witty" quips thinking the audience would laugh. That wasn't enough so he'd repeat lines after a character said them. He clapped obnoxiously loud after a few action scenes -- the only one to do so. During any dialogue scenes, his face was glued to his bright phone screen. It didn't matter if it was an action scene. When characters started talking, his face was on his phone. 

Towards the 3rd act, he started biting his fingernails, sucked on them, and spit them onto the floor. Probably the worst though, was that he took his shoes off, stinking up the room until he mercifully put them back on. 

There was another guy wearing a Make America Great Again hat, but thankfully he sat in the corner and bothered no one.

Nearly ruined my enjoyment. I needed to rant. I fucking hate people sometimes. 

Shoulda roundhouse kicked those dudes