That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I doubt this is very frontloaded, especially with the WOM it has. It'll likely fall less than 20% today from yesterday's entire gross.

Falling 55% isnt frontloaded. 

Jumanji 2 increased 211% on Friday?? WTF?? 0_o  :ohmygod: :ohmygod:  :ohmygod:

This is unreal. Even BP can't put a dent in J2's run. The 1.87 million Fri. figure happens to be J2's biggest Fri. bump over NATM till date (or at-least in 2018). It beat the Fri. bump from last weekend quite comprehensively (2.22>>1.74). 

The 3 day/4 day weekend estimate (8.1m/10.6m) from Deadline's also represents J2's best bump against NATM so far in it's BO run. 400 million is basically guaranteed atm. J2 might actually become Sony's biggest movie ever in the domestic market. This is madness. :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod:

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I think this is the absolute peak of the genre.  Don't think any future superhero films will outgross Black Panther

Domestically, overseas i think superhero films especially solo ones are getting more popular. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B D Joe said:

The opposite will happen.  Soon the only movies people see in theaters will be Disney Marvel movies.

I think we're going to need something or someone to come and show everyone how to make big money without using "super" heroes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

Jumanji 2 increased 211% on Friday?? WTF?? 0_o  :ohmygod: :ohmygod:  :ohmygod:

This is unreal. Even BP can't put a dent in J2's run. The 1.87 million Fri. figure happens to be J2's biggest Fri. bump over NATM till date (or at-least in 2018). It beat the Fri. bump from last weekend quite comprehensively (2.22>>1.74). 

The 3 day/4 day weekend estimate (8.1m/10.6m) from Deadline's also represents J2's best bump against NATM so far in it's BO run. 400 million is basically guaranteed atm. J2 might actually become Sony's biggest movie ever in the domestic market. This is madness. :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod:

I think a lot of that is spillover from Black Panther which is bringing huge crowds to the theaters. Novice moviegoers (like my parents) think they can just show up to the theater and get a ticket to BP 20 minutes before the movie starts lol. The packed parking lot doesn't give them a clue that the movie and the next showing is most likely sold out already so they choose something else and Jumanji is the next best alternative. 

• Like 2