That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Pretty sure that's the point of the Infinity War/Thanos stuff. To retire the original Avengers (not just for a while, but permanently).

Yea I guess I'll believe that when I see it. This franchise seems content to be endless and they've never exactly made ballsy decisions with killing off characters or anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea I guess I'll believe that when I see it. This franchise seems content to be endless and they've never exactly made ballsy decisions with killing off characters or anything.

I agree with you. After Civil War, ive lost my hope of Marvel having the balls to kill off their main characters, even if it would make the movies in some cases better.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Fair enough. All signs point towards all of the OG's dying or retiring in between the next two Avengers flicks; and every new character introduced in Phases 2/3 (Panther, Spidey, Strange, Cap. Marvel, etc.) will take over the mantle.

I prefer to believe that Marvel has never killed off characters, outside of rather inconsequential killings like Quicksilver and Coulson, because they wanted to save the massacre for the Infinity War movies :rofl: 

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Fair enough. All signs point towards all of the OG's dying or retiring in between the next two Avengers flicks; and every new character introduced in Phases 2/3 (Panther, Spidey, Strange, Cap. Marvel, etc.) will take over the mantle.

I prefer to believe that Marvel has never killed off characters, outside of rather inconsequential killings like Hawkeye and Coulson, because they wanted to save the massacre for the Infinity War movies :rofl: 

Hawkguy got killed? That says something

• Haha 1

The more I think about Black Panther, the more I love it for its messages. I said it was my third favorite film in the MCU, but even with some of my qualms, it grows on you the more you think about it.

Women rule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I prefer to believe that Marvel has never killed off characters, outside of rather inconsequential killings like Hawkeye and Coulson, because they wanted to save the massacre for the Infinity War movies :rofl: 

If they hire someone for like 5 or 6 movies, I guess that makes it hard to kill a character too right? I don’t think Marvel heads have the whole storyline plotted out like JK did with Harry Potter, which results in existing contracts making it harder to kill someone even if the story demands it! 

Kill your darlings, Marvel. Kill your darlingsss.

• Like 1

I think killing off characters for the sake of dramatic effect in one film sort of takes away from the greater narrative though they are making and considering how huge MCU has become it has worked.

If CA and Loki and such characters die in the IW, it will be of a much greater impact.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I agree with you. After Civil War, ive lost my hope of Marvel having the balls to kill off their main characters, even if it would make the movies in some cases better.

TBH, I'd be pissed if they killed a major character and it was lame like "you know who" at the end of AOU.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think killing off characters for the sake of dramatic effect in one film sort of takes away from the greater narrative though they are making and considering how huge MCU has become it has worked.

If CA and Loki and such characters die in the IW, it will be of a much greater impact.

Maybe. Execution is everything.

BP handled deaths pretty well.

Nuff said!

No seriously no expanding on this point cuz of spoilers.

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

To say what happened to Superman after Superman 2 is nothing short of humiliating, would probably be an understatement. 

Those were really harder days for sequels retention rate, 20-33% not being that uncommon, 65% being exceptionally good:

----------

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Adjusted Gross Unadjusted Gross Release
1 Jaws Uni. $1,175,763,500 $260,000,000 6/20/75
2 Jaws 2 Uni. $304,969,300 $77,737,272 6/16/78
3 Jaws 3-D Uni. $132,649,700 $45,517,055 7/22/83
4 Jaws IV: The Revenge Uni. $48,747,900 $20,763,013 7/17/87

---

55 33 The Sting II Uni. $6,347,072 1,294 $3,106,108 1,294 2/18/83
              309 The Sting                        Uni.                    $156,000,000 1973

-----

8 American Graffiti Uni. $603,257,100 $115,000,000 8/1/73
21 More American Graffiti Uni. $54,914,200 $15,014,674 8/3/79

-----

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Adjusted Gross Unadjusted Gross Release
1 The Godfather Par. $721,974,200 $133,698,921 3/15/72
2 The Godfather Part II Par. $233,392,100 $47,542,841 12/12/74
3 The Godfather Part III Par. $145,222,300 $66,666,062 12/25/90

---

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Agreed because killing Superman made both BvS and JL masterpieces.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1