That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

• Community Manager
Just now, DAR said:

I honestly don’t know if IW can get to TFA levels of hype.  And IW is certainly going to be no slouch in that regard

I don't think any movie can get near TFA levels of hype again. Maybe if Star Wars takes a 10 year wait for the next episode and cancels all the spin offs.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cmbbox2390 said:

I think people also have to take into account trailer views from overseas as well which may contribute to the lion’s share of the views or vice-versa.

I thought overseas brought money too, or does the worldwide bo gross not count ?

12 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

Definitely disagree here.  There’s some outliers, and there’s not a solid view to ticket correlation, however the trend is there.

Id be curious to revisit it for the 2017 releases like I did for 2016. Came out as a statistically significant relationship.  The main 2017 outlier was The Mummy.

Didn't the Mummy have that one trailer with the fucked up sound that became a bit of a meme? I don't think people were watching that one because of actual interest in the film.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

The argument that BP is in IW so the bo will increse, doesnt make sense. WW was in JL and the BO still sucked

The JL marketing sucked, the hype just isn't there since the first teaser and everyone just ignore that

Plus, everyone is cautious with JL after BvS / SS, Wonder Woman didn't made people forget the 2016 movies from DC, and again JL have a terrible reception.

This is not the case with IW, this movie have a giant hype [a simple TV spot with basically nothing new beat all the others spots in Super Bowl], Marvel have the trust of the public, and IW it's coming from a lot of well received movies, and Black Panther already have huge presence in IW marketing even before the Black Panther release, so his solo movie exploding will help [the question is how much]. Plus, IW will probably land in the 85-92% in RT like all the others recently Marvel movies.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

To me all the trailer views for IW mean is that, the under 400 million dollar predictions are just troll predictions

Yeah, i see someone saying the movie will gross $ 375M yesterday, this is completely nonsense

The hype for IW is obviously bigger than Ultron, and CW is not an avengers movie so the little decline is kinda normal, plus it's a more darker / political movie [which IW probably isn't]

I'm thinking $ 225 - 230M debut and $ 500 - 550M total for IW [2,25 - 2,4x]

I also think BP has a really good shot in outgross IW if legs are good, but both with + $ 500M

• Community Manager
12 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Lion king!? 

In America? Nah. Maybe in other places but in America the hype for TFA was on a level really hard for anything to ever replicate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1