That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

The crop of new characters who can take on leader/face of Avengers   replacing Cap/IM have worthy and highly capable characters like T’Challa and Carol Danvers; and here y’all are, debating on getting boring ass Sebastian Stan and classic sidekick character in Falcon (I love Mackie but no) to replace the Captain America mantle (to do what exactly?)

@Chewy *sigh*

And boy, MCU rankings again? I have no scorching hot, edgy takes so I’ll stay out of it. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

*sigh*

1. Iron Man 3

2. The Winter Soldier

3. Age of Ultron

4. Black Panther

5. Guardians of the Galaxy 

6. The Incredible hulk

7. The First Avenger

8. Iron Man

9. Doctor Strange 

10. Avengers

11. Thor 

12. Iron Man 2

13. Homecoming

14. The Dark World

15. Ant-Man

16. Civil War

Still haven't seen GotG2 or Ragnarok

Same top two as me 🤔

I also have Black Panther at #4 but I got GOTG 2 at #3 cause Ultron is some wack shit

12 minutes ago, Rth Wakanda said:

Mondays est is already toast

Man, I still haven’t booked ticket for Tuesday: at this point, finding good reserved seats will be hard for while 

4 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Evening business will have to fall off somewhat due to tomorrow being a workday and they just don't have that many showings and theaters close earlier.

Ah thats true. Although it is only 3pm on the west coast! Very much daytime still. If it's at $33m now, pretty sure $40m is certain, maybe $50m is out of reach, but the sky's the limit now. I'm fully expecting a soft Tuesday drop because of spillover demand (even still) AND cheap Tuesday. Maybe 50% drop from monday 

Edited by feasby007

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

Can someone tell me what the hell went right for this movie?

I could not go this past weekend. I will go this coming weekend.

But this is amazing.

Its a phenomenon similar to TA1 or JW: Just getting bigger and bigger.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

The crop of new characters who can take on leader/face of Avengers   replacing Cap/IM have worthy and highly capable characters like T’Challa and Carol Danvers; and here y’all are, debating on getting boring ass Sebastian Stan and classic sidekick character in Falcon (I love Mackie but no) to replace the Captain America mantle (to do what exactly?)

@Chewy *sigh*

And boy, MCU rankings again? I have no scorching hot, edgy takes so I’ll stay out of it. 

I don't even get why is there a need for the next Captain America or the next anyone. There's enough freshly introduced characters to make a strong new line-up while letting the earlier ones ride off into the sunset whenever they feel like it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Can someone tell me what the hell went right for this movie?

i already explained this at the start of the thread

On 16/02/2018 at 5:06 PM, CoolioD1 said:

at least 40% of the opening weekend take is because of future's king's dead verse folks. can't convince me otherwise.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Ah thats true. Although it is only 3pm on the west coast! Very much daytime still. If it's at $33m now, pretty sure $40m is certain, maybe $50m is out of reach, but the sky's the limit now. I'm fully expecting a soft Tuesday drop because of spillover demand (even still) AND cheap Tuesday. Maybe 50% drop from monday 

Oh yeah. I'm with you. Just saying it is the last day of the 4 day weekend so there is bound to be some fall off.

This should easily take the schoolday Tues record as well, right? Beating.... BatB’s 18M?      

Was hilarious to discover that TFA has 2 of the top 3 Tuesday’s overall.   

Edit: Oh, okay. Looks like Rth meant “already clear that 33 will be passed,” not “33M has literally already been passed as of 3PM Pacific.”

Edited by Sliver Legion