grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Still boggles my mind that JW's entire marketing hook - The park is open but it all goes to hell and tourists get eaten! - ended up constituting about 5 minutes of the movie. Extras are expensive I guess.

Thats a bit harsh imo. Of course they could have done so much more with the thousands of tourists there, it could have been a glorious dino massacre, but the main hook of the film was more so the tagline "The Park is open" than "And it all goes to shit" and on that front, it fully delivered.

Fun Fact: The highest grossing movie trilogy of all time (and i mean pure trilogys, not something like counting the first 3 out of the 4 Avengers) is of course the SW sequel trilogy with 4,475 Billion dollars.

The first two Jurassic World films amount to 2,980 Billion. Meaning, the difference is 1,495 Billion dollars. Which, as a worldwide goal, ist not impossible for Dominion to reach in my opinion.

In other words, the JW trilogy could become the highest-grossing trilogy of all time :ohmygod:

Anecdotical probably, but looking at different sites, trailers etc and the comments, a majority of people really are hyped most about the return of the old cast. I dont think anyone here is underestimating this factor, but Jurassic World doing what Star Wars didnt (i.e. have scenes with the old trio together) could very well be one of the main factors why this will explode.

I'm officially on the "JWD #1 DOM 2022" train. The fact that the main trailer is running about 15% ahead of Multiverse of Madness, even with Marvel's typically higher view rate, says a lot to me. 

There are still several factors that could change things (Avatar 2 explosion, BP2 "Fast 7/TDK" moment, Lightyear = Incredibles 2 Size), but as of this moment I'm thinking...

Jurassic World: Dominion

$560M

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

$525M

$510M

Thor: Love & Thunder

$465M

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

$440M

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

I'm officially on the "JWD #1 DOM 2022" train. The fact that the main trailer is running about 15% ahead of Multiverse of Madness, even with Marvel's typically higher view rate, says a lot to me. 

There are still several factors that could change things (Avatar 2 explosion, BP2 "Fast 7/TDK" moment, Lightyear = Incredibles 2 Size), but as of this moment I'm thinking...

$560M

$525M

$510M

$465M

$440M

JW: FK has higher trailer views than Captain Marvel. But I think you're right about JW: D over Thor and Strange, you're just too low on Avatar and BP. 

23 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

JW: FK has higher trailer views than Captain Marvel. But I think you're right about JW: D over Thor and Strange, you're just too low on Avatar and BP. 

Didn't know about JW:FK over CM. 

As for the bolded part, maybe but sequels to huge initial films almost always fall from the first, usually in the 20-30% range. A2 is almost impossible to predict until we can start getting an actual gauge of interest and hype. As for BP2, I'd be pretty surprised if it finished over $550M. 

4 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

Didn't know about JW:FK over CM. 

As for the bolded part, maybe but sequels to huge initial films almost always fall from the first, usually in the 20-30% range. A2 is almost impossible to predict until we can start getting an actual gauge of interest and hype. As for BP2, I'd be pretty surprised if it finished over $550M. 

Neither of the two are a normal breakout sequel situation. 

• Like 1

This is going to be either the 2nd or 3rd best movie of all time, objectively.

For academic reference, here are the commonly cited Top 5 movies of all time, objectively:

01. Jurassic Park
02. Jurassic World
03. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
04. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
05. The Godfather.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:54 PM, KnucklesXXR said:

$560M

$525M

$510M

$465M

$440M

The thing is though that Doctor Strange trailer has quite a bit more likes than JW.

39 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

The thing is though that Doctor Strange trailer has quite a bit more likes than JW.

There are way more Marvel hardcore fans than there are JP fanboys and fangirls. YT Like number is thus probably inflated for DS. Not really an Apples to apples comparison imo.

44 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

29 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Marvel trailers in general tend to get a lot of likes on YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

There are way more Marvel hardcore fans than there are JP fanboys and fangirls. YT Like number is thus probably inflated for DS. Not really an Apples to apples comparison imo.

Yea, it's not a like for like comp. For example, Captain Marvel's official trailer has over 1.1M likes while JW:Fallen Kingdom has 660k. Off of that you may think CM blew FK out at the box office but it was only marginally ahead domestically and about 15% behind it globally. 

1 hour ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Lots of people sleeping on this. Somehow the lessons they were supposed to have learned in 2015 and 2017 haven’t sunk in yet. Maybe third time’s the charm?

kinda shocked Charlie has it as low as they do, do they have any specific reasoning?

First off, welcome to the Forums.

Second, youre absolutely right about people underestimating the power of dinosaurs again. Not me and a few others though, as it is clear to those who know the Jurassic Park franchise and appeal that Dominion looks like a perfect storm of great concept + old actors coming back + the usual dinosaur appeal.

And third, @charlie Jatinder hates the Jurassic World movies and is a bit blinded by hate i feel. Love you Charlie, btw, but you know thats kinda true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1