grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

22 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I haven't seen the second movie - is there actually a rational explanation for how dinosaurs have managed to live in such great numbers alongside humans when clearly we would have wiped them out, or is this a 'who cares?' scenario.

and IIRC only a few of them actually survived or were rescued from the Island.

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Do people care about seeing the original trio again? With the possible exception of Ian Malcolm (who was already in the last movie) people remember this franchise for the dinosaurs, not for the human characters. That why the first JW did so well. 

Youre right, I doubt they care as the original Trio were quite boring characters with the exception of Goldblum (who wasn't even a big part). Sam Neil didnt help Jurassic Park 3 just like Goldblum's appearance did nothing for the Fallen Kingdom.

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I'm not excited because I'm sure this film won't write them interestingly, but the original characters were a huge part of the first film's magic.

Certainly I'd be more interesting in this movie if Pratt and Howard just weren't in it at all.

Chris Pratt was hot off Guardians when this was out. He was a bigger draw to the franchise than people want to give him credit for, definitely more so than Goldblum And Sam Neil. The first movie's magic was down to the dino's and did well despite having boring characters, much like Avatar.

When people think of the original jurassic Park, they think of Richard Attenborough more than anyone else

Edited by Tarintino

18 minutes ago, Tarintino said:

Chris Pratt was hot off Guardians when this was out. He was a bigger draw to the franchise than people want to give him credit for, definitely more so than Goldblum And Sam Neil. The first movie's magic was down to the dino's and did well despite having boring characters, much like Avatar.

When people think of the original jurassic Park, they think of Richard Attenborough more than anyone else

I see we're doomed to argue about the draw of characters in this thread too. :lol:

Certainly no-one would pretend the original trio were the main reason the first became the phenomenon it did (and I haven't), but that doesn't mean they weren't a big part of why it worked and endured. Universal aren't getting the old gang back just for lols - this whole trailer is built around them because they know that's what'll get people talking.

Edited by Hatebox

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I see we're doomed to argue about the draw of characters in this thread too. :lol:

Certainly no-one would pretend the original trio were the main reason the first became the phenomenon it did (and I haven't), but that doesn't mean they weren't a big part of why it worked and endured. Universal aren't getting the old gang back just for lols - this whole trailer is built around them because they know that's what'll get people talking.

I didnt even realise it was you😆

Oh and the old cast beeing back (and having more to do than cameos) is certainly a big draw for many people. As a Jurassic Park fan myself and beeing around the fandom, its honestly not to be underestimated how much people love not only Goldblum but Neil and Dern too. Can make a big difference imo.

Seeing the original trio back is definitely supposed to be a big hook for this one (helped by the fact that all of them still have very much active careers nearly 30 years later). Safe fan service of that sort is what nostalgic revivals are gonna lean into after one of the main complaints leveled against the recent Star Wars movies is that they never gave people what they wanted which was seeing its original trio share a single scene together.

36 minutes ago, Eric Poirot said:

I mean Sam Neil's just hot. Even if he wasn't in the first movie, seeing a dude that's aged as well as him is an amazing selling point.

Ever since Hunt for the Wilderpeople, aged Sam Neil is one of the better things about the movie industry.