grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

6 hours ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

Domestically this makes 400 million tops while strange will clear 450 easily

Eh, I think it’s more likely for the reverse tbh. I expect more of a CW/IM3 like performance from MoM.

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Eh, I think it’s more likely for the reverse tbh. I expect more of a CW/IM3 like performance from MoM.

Yeah, I've been thinking it's the weakest of the three MCU this year domestically. The multiverse stuff will not be as big of a draw as people think. 

As far as the FK discussion in the thread, I don't think it was divisive in a way that will really matter for the performance of this film. People will be back for the dinos.

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah, I've been thinking it's the weakest of the three MCU this year domestically. The multiverse stuff will not be as big of a draw as people think. 

As far as the FK discussion in the thread, I don't think it was divisive in a way that will really matter for the performance of this film. People will be back for the dinos.

I think Strange 2 could have the strongest OW of the three, mainly cause of multiverse shenanigans and the allure of May opener. But historically apart from IW, the May openers that are big team ups have historically had weaker legs and lack of summer days to back it up.

Spoiler

Not to mention, how Wanda is handled is much more tricky than the hurdles either Love and Thunder or Dominion. If the GA doesn’t like the route, legs could be harsher. Also while I think some cameos in theory are cool, none have the appeal that having Tobey and Andrew or even the old Spider-Man villains for a few reasons.

MoM - $165m-$195m/$363m-$450m

JWD - $140m-$185m/$365m-$500m

LaT - $150m-$185m/$375m-$500m

When Fallen Kingdom's opening weekend came, lot of people here were predicting anywhere from 70-80 million. That didn't happen.

This one, this one is going to be an absolute monster. But, if the rumors are true, how big a monster it will be will be all reliant on how well Doctor Strange does.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The reaction at a large Super Bowl party that I was at to this by young/old/male/female was insane.  This is going to be the highest grossing movie of the summer.  

This ain't beating Doctor Strange.

I find it interesting that people think DS beats this when we don't even know if the multiverse is a major selling point to the GA. Meanwhile Dominion is marketed as the finale of Jurassic park, with obvious nostalgia bait and as a successor to $1.7 and 1.3 billion films. Moreover Dominion is much more likely to get a china release and should easily become the second biggest film of the year.