grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

3 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

My final prediction (note: I still obviously hope foolishly for a 200M+ OW, but hope and actual prediction are not the same).

OW: 175M, total: 430M

CinemaScore: B+

RT: 33%

WW: 1,09B

have the OS reviews been this bad?

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

have the OS reviews been this bad?

Nah OS reviews so far are mixed, but im basing the RT prediction on some users here who have had access to insider infro from people whove seen it and the consensus is that this movie will get awful reviews.

Though i would have predicted terrible reviews anyway since critics already heavily disliked Fallen Kingdom and i dont see why they would be any nicer to Dominion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

My final prediction (note: I still obviously hope foolishly for a 200M+ OW, but hope and actual prediction are not the same).

This looks like a really solid prediction to me. I think the absolute floor is something like $950 million, which considering the deflation of Chinese box office, the situation in Russia, and lingering COVID concerns... would be more than enough to make Universal happy.

It's their biggest franchise - certainly their biggest live-action franchise - by a Giganto amount.

• Like 1

79067.jpg

For some reason I thought this masterpiece has at least 4/10 average, but it's actually even lower, so I find it unlikely Dominion will touch it, but if Dominion will nosedive below 5, I'd consider it this generation's Carnosaur, just with massive budget, full circle conclusion, back for vengeance.

Edited by Firepower

18 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I mean it's no mystery. The original episode 9 script is out for everyone to read. It isn't that bad.

It all would've come down to execution but his 9 sounded decent. Still needed a lot of work to tighten it up better but it tied into 1-8 pretty well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

It all would've come down to execution but his 9 sounded decent. Still needed a lot of work to tighten it up better but it tied into 1-8 pretty well.

For sure. It seemed like an early draft. The original press exclusive interviewing Trevorrow definitely exuded a positive theme and definitely a learning experience for him. Trevorrow sounds content with what he's accomplished and it's odd people online would find some positive take on him and twist it to something negative.

I want this to nosedive below 5 on imdb because it would be a record breaking perfomance, to make a billion with such a horrible reception, even Transformers weren't that reception-proof and didn't sink that low, I can't think of a single movie with 1 bln box office and average rating in The Marine zone.

Edited by Firepower
  • Knock It Off 3

11 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I think it can reach 450M with a 175M OW.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think it can reach 450M with a 175M OW.

Im just not sure about the audience reception anymore. Fallen Kingdom should give me hope in that regard, but i feel pessimistic :sadfleck:

Still im am ofc extremely excited to see it on Wednesday. I think after having seen it, ill have a better understanding what the possible audience reception could be like.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I didn't like FK so don't use me as a 100% basis but it reminded me of TROS honestly.

So youve seen it? Two questions:

1) Did you like it the same as FK or even less?

2) Does the movie in your opinion atleast deliver on the dinosaur action and the fun character moments for the old trio?

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

So youve seen it? Two questions:

1) Did you like it the same as FK or even less?

2) Does the movie in your opinion atleast deliver on the dinosaur action and the fun character moments for the old trio?

1. Less personally, FK's coherent even if I think the execution's lacking.

2. Kiiind of? @Dinosaur action Not really imo @The 2nd but that's up to opinion

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

1. Less personally, FK's coherent even if I think the execution's lacking.

2. Kiiind of? @Dinosaur action Not really imo @The 2nd but that's up to opinion

I think even if the plot is a mess and the pacing is bad, if the film has good action moments and the character interactions are entertaining enough, it could still go over well with the GA. But i already can see enough warning signs that this might not be the case, unlike with FK.

Man i really cant wait to see it. Its frustrating to speculate so much without having seen it 😄

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I want this to nosedive below 5 on imdb because it would be a record breaking perfomance, to make a billion with such a horrible reception, even Transformers weren't that reception-proof and didn't sink that low, I can't think of a single movie with 1 bln box office and average rating in The Marine zone.

God, you just like to watch the Jurassic World burn. . .then again, Fire is in your name so it's not that surprising