grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Perri Nemiroff is a critic I like who’s favourite film of all time is Jurassic Park and she loves the sequels. 

But another horror critic I follow said it’s the worst in the franchise and he called it ugly.  

So from the early reactions, it’ll definitely be rotten. 

Awful reactions, most of the ones i saw are negatives, and they're usually more positive than the reviews themselves. 

But i mean it's no surprise, people who lives where the movie already dropped said days ago the reviews was bad pretty much everywhere and GP reaction is meh.

Still think this will make a billion, not by much, but it should get there.

Hmmm, I feel the tide turning. 
I was on the $200 million OW train all but a few weeks ago. 
I didn’t expect it to be getting the kicking it is, and with Maverick still doing gangbusters I’m thinking $155-160 million for the 3 days.

Then again, for its legs audiences might lap it up with lower expectations. We’ve seen it before. Summer weekdays will be kind to it I’m sure. 

Considering F9 can earn somewhere around 60%, I'm not sure if JW3 would do that bad on RT.

One of the positive thing from early reactions is original cast do well. Maybe it would do good for audience score.

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

PG-13 

2019, Sci-fi/Action, 2h 22m

52%

TOMATOMETER516 Reviews

86%

AUDIENCE SCORE50,000+ Verified Ratings

CRITICS CONSENSUS

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker suffers from a frustrating lack of imagination, but concludes this beloved saga with fan-focused devotion. Read critic reviews

Most importantly, did the trailer mis-market this film? To me the misleading marketing is even more hurtful than poor critical reception, So far the praise seem concentrate on chemistry between trio and production value like VFX. 

Just now, Borobudur said:

Most importantly, did the trailer mis-market this film? To me the misleading marketing is even more hurtful than poor critical reception, So far the praise seem concentrate on chemistry between trio and production value like VFX. 

Imo yes. If people are coming to this for "DINOSAURS IN OUR WORLD" they'll be disappointed.

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

It sounds like the film is as poor as I predicted it would be last year before the trailers gave me false hope that it could be awesome. 

At this point, the only reason I’m not returning my Thursday ticket is because of our dear, sweet, @Brainbug the Dinosaur. I will contribute to their OW dream even if it kills me.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:42 PM, AJG said:

I just finished reading the leak after hearing about it here…

Reveal hidden contents

Y'know what - I remember I read through a plot leak in April which made me lower my prediction dramatically (which i put in spoilers in order to hide my reaction to leaked material). I dont remember a lick of detail from that leak though. The reactions coming in might explain why I felt this this movie wouldn't cut it.