grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, Nublar7 said:

Is $1 billion worldwide even on the table anymore? 

Yes. It was never off the table. Lets crunch the numbers and expect them to come in at the low end.

China: Lets say 70M. Opening there could be betweend 40 - 50M looking at the sales and assuming shit reception, another 20M should be possible.

Rest of OS: It opened at a similar level to the first two JW's last weekend already and likely has 60M at this point in the tank. Assuming it opens low compared to the other movies in the rest of the markets, another 400M certainly should be possible.

Now DOM: Assuming it tanks to a 130M OW and grosses only 300M DOM (which would be shit legs), all in all we still stand at:

830M. And this is assuming it will have low openings and bad legs everywhere, so its a worst-case scenario. I think its safe to say that it wont be this bad everywhere. So 900M+ is a lot more likely and 1B still remains perfectly in range.

The biggest indicator for the total gross will be this upcoming weekend. Because then it will have opened basically everywhere.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

3 warnings within a month and all related to Jurassic World Dominion.

No other franchise could even come close 😎😎

Just shows what Jurassic movies mean to me. 

That’s not a thing to brag about. Being this invested into a movie isn’t healthy.

1 minute ago, Bigscrubnus said:

That’s not a thing to brag about. Being this invested into a movie isn’t healthy.

6 movies in 30 years, every single one of them is precious.

It's not like we're getting lots of content whole year, if some of them goes bad, we still have rest of the stuff.

This is what we've got.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Cruise, having seen the JW reviews, is due outside select theatres tomorrow….

Tom Cruise Help GIF by MOODMAN

More like Universal will go to pitch him on a reboot: "Tom Cruise + Dinosaurs...we can't lose!"

7 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

6 movies in 30 years, every single one of them is precious.

It's not like we're getting lots of content whole year, if some of them goes bad, we still have rest of the stuff.

This is what we've got.

Just do what I do. Ignore the reviews, see the movie. And make your own opinion. I’m seeing it this Sunday, I’ll know by then if I’ll agree with the 40% that like it, or the 60% that don’t.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

More like Universal will go to pitch him on a reboot: "Tom Cruise + Dinosaurs...we can't lose!"

Unfair in my opinion. With all the running Tom Cruise has practiced in the last 40 years no dinosaur woud stand a chance to catch him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Just do what I do. Ignore the reviews, see the movie. And make your own opinion. I’m seeing it this Sunday, I’ll know by then if I’ll agree with the 40% that like it, or the 60% that don’t.

I don't even care about reviews. 

I have a simple funda..... Good reviews can make me watch a movie that I'm not interested in, but bad reviews no matter how bad will not stop me from watching a movie that I'm interested in.

I think so far there's never been a movie which i was interested pre release and i gave it a miss due to bad reviews.

• Like 1