grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

15 hours ago, Bigscrubnus said:

The plot leaked a while back that got confirmed by the trailers. I can tell you guys the answer to that question

is there a spoiler tag here?

I just finished reading the leak after hearing about it here…

Spoiler

I’m lowering my prediction to $750m WW

On 4/12/2022 at 8:15 PM, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Its the Giganotosaurus and its not an equivalent dinosaur. Tyrannosaurus as a genus belongs to the Tyrannosauridae family from the late Cretacious period, while Giganotosaurus reprents a genus from the Carcharodontosauridae, a family of theropod dinosaurs of the early-to-mid Creatacious time. Both species are very much different in their physiology, appearence (note the much longer arms and three claw fingers on each two on the Giganotosaurus) and probably also their behaviour judging from fossil records that indicate possible group hunting behaviour from Giganotosaurus and other closely reliated species like Mapusaurus while Tyrannosaurus lived probably as a "lone wolf".

Reveal hidden contents

I should have read this thread more closely, LMAO at people thinking Giganotosaurus and T-Rex are anything like "equivalent dinosaurs"

Giganotosaurus vs T-Rex has been one of the things I've always wanted from these movies and we are getting it, it's fucking awesome. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

I should have read this thread more closely, LMAO at people thinking Giganotosaurus and T-Rex are anything like "equivalent dinosaurs"

You dont need to worry, im reading it close enough, so no bad takes will be allowed to roam freely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Giganotosaurus vs T-Rex has been one of the things I've always wanted from these movies and we are getting it, it's fucking awesome. 

parks and recreation nerd GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Oh yea I need to change it. That movie has come and gone. 

I just hope your ready to change it appropriately again when the main event of the year decade century comes out on June 10th.

On 4/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, TheDude391 said:

The plot leak doesn't sound any less dumb than the other sequels, as long as the Dino spectacle is fun, audiences won't care. 

The whole basic plot of this film if pretty hard to accept. given what modern Miliatary firepower could do to the Dinos.

But  this is a "suspend your disbelief and go with the flow" kine of film anyway.

Spoiler

I read the the Dinos rampage through Rome. If True, expect a couple of shots that will play homage to Ray Harryhausen's "20 Million Miles To Earth:" classic sci fi film with a giant reptile like alien rampaging through Rome.

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

The whole basic plot of this film if pretty hard to accept. given what modern Miliatary firepower could do to the Dinos.

But  this is a "suspend your disbelief and go with the flow" kine of film anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

Modern Military can do many things to many animals or people, but they don't do so.

You think they won't be showing within first 5 minutes why Dinosaurs were not killed after Fallen Kingdom.

It's not a Dinosaurs taking over humanity, planet of the apes style movie.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

Time for my predictions for 4 different scenarios because i have time!

1) The optimistic scenario: The movie will have a great reception by the GA and delivers on the hype, recreating a breakout like the first JW. In this case, i can see a 210-230M OW and a 630 - 680M DOM finish.

2) The realistic scenario: Reception for the movie will be good, but not amazing, which will cut the legs a bit. The OW will still be very big, but the Sat and Sun drops will be slightly larger than they would have been with better WOM. For this, i see a 190-210M OW and a 540 - 580M DOM finish.

3) The mediocre scenario: Reception will be more divided, like with Fallen Kingdom as the movie works for many people, while many others find it too stupid. While the OW will be marginally more affected in comparison to scenario 2, the drops in this case will be bigger and the legs even shorter. OW range of 175 - 195M and DOM total of approx. 480 - 520M.

4) The pessimistic scenario: Reception will be bad. While this is obviously impossible to happen, it still cant be fully ruled out (even though its impossible). Even then, the OW will still be very big, like 160-180M big. But if the WOM truly stinks, this could aim for a 430 - 470M finish, which would be kind of embarrassing considering it would sell less tickets than Fallen Kingdom in this case. Which is why this scenario is impossible.

Where do i stand with this? I dont think i have to tell. It would be actually way harder for the filmmakers to make this movie hated by the GA rather than loved. Its such an easy sell. Scenario 1 all day.