grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

IDGAF about reviews. I’ll see it and make up my mind about what I think.

I though JWFK was terrible but it somehow has almost a 50 on RT so idk what the reviews will be like.

I do remember the leaker saying the movie is very fun.

Also, he used people who didn’t like the last two either as a source, which makes my big takeaway be that people who didn’t like the last two won’t like this one either. Which is to be expected

Edited by Bigscrubnus

I’d be concerned if this was the general response for the test screenings, but this is ViewerAnon talking about a few people who didn’t like the other movies either. If he said people who liked the others said it’s bad I would be super concerned. 

• Like 2

The thing is that critics will hate this movie in any case. This movie will be stupid, just like JW and JW:FK were also very stupid. I guarantee that the script is bad and the dialogue will be kind of clunky. These films arent made for critics and i know that this phrase is sort of a cliche but it really applies with these films imo.

I wound expect this film to land somewhere in the 60s on RT at best honestly.

• Like 2

I know Imdb is not really a precise indicator, but i find it strange that it dropped 16 position all the way to 34 on the Most Popular List. Could mean nothing, but we get closer to release and no big movies were released the last few weeks. Is the hype really there?

8 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I know Imdb is not really a precise indicator, but i find it strange that it dropped 16 position all the way to 34 on the Most Popular List. Could mean nothing, but we get closer to release and no big movies were released the last few weeks. Is the hype really there?

I trust Shawn and Boxofficepro far more than IMDB. IMDB said that The Northman was super popular, which is lmao.

Also, does anyone actually see the point of reporting that people who didn’t like the previous films didn’t like the new one? Doesn’t really seem to indicate much of anything. “People who don’t like the series didn’t like the new one” like no crap lol.

if the audience reaction as a whole is bad then there’s a problem

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

The thing is that critics will hate this movie in any case. This movie will be stupid, just like JW and JW:FK were also very stupid. I guarantee that the script is bad and the dialogue will be kind of clunky. These films arent made for critics and i know that this phrase is sort of a cliche but it really applies with these films imo.

I wound expect this film to land somewhere in the 60s on RT at best honestly.

You’re completely right that this will be a massive success despite the things you mention, but it’s just such a shame that we’ve all collectively just decided to accept such sub-par rubbish when you consider that the original Jurassic Park was the exact antithesis of all of these shortcomings. The reason FK hurt so much to watch for me was because it’d completely ditched the magic of the original film, it was a shell of its former blockbuster glory.

• Like 1

I'm expecting reviews to be closer to JW than FK, basically because this seems like an easy fun watch in the vein of JW, and unlike FK with it's serious tone. 

But yeah i don't see any reason to expect great reviews, both movies didn't have great reviews, this will just follow the same path and luckily will get 65-70% like JW instead of 50% like FK.

Other than that, i totally trust ViewerAnon but even he said the people that said it's bad didn't like the other ones, so it's hard to take conclusions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Other than that, i totally trust ViewerAnon but even he said the people that said it's bad didn't like the other ones, so it's hard to take conclusions.

That’s what confounds me about that tweet. Like why tweet it out? It’s such a foregone conclusion that people who don’t like the first two movies of a trilogy won’t like the third.

anyways, the movie comes out in South Korea and Brazil in like a week and a half. So audience reactions should be out then.

This movie will have stupid stuff, I'm sure dialogues will be corny at times. 

But in reality only thing this movie needs to be us Entertaining enough to give audience a good time in theater.

People don't go to critically analyze movies, they go to have a good time in theater, to enjoy, to spend quality hours with their families. 

I hope Colin has made a movie that fulfills this criteria, that's all that matters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Senseless really, Jurassic World makers aren't in education business, Jurassic World franchise isn't a dinosaur tuition class. They are movies made for entertainment of masses.

Both are so different and both can co exist with each other. Infact Jurassic World can actually make people more interested in dinosaurs to the point they then actively search for them and then later find these documentaries, so it is actually a good thing.

I'm really excited for Prehistoric Planet and only problem is Apple+, but most of Warriors can't stop pissing on Dominion for no reason at all.

I'm quite excited for both, the more dinosaur content the better. 

3 hours ago, Bigscrubnus said:

That’s what confounds me about that tweet. Like why tweet it out? It’s such a foregone conclusion that people who don’t like the first two movies of a trilogy won’t like the third.

anyways, the movie comes out in South Korea and Brazil in like a week and a half. So audience reactions should be out then.

I expect reviews (or reactions at least) to be out by then, or it will give strong impression that they're hiding the movie.