WrathOfHan

The Crow | August 23, 2024

On 7/6/2024 at 7:29 PM, kayumanggi said:

Why? Looks cool to me.

You seem to be in a minority abuot that.

TO me, and most others on this board, this film does indeed look like a POS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You seem to be in a minority abuot that.

TO me, and most others on this board, this film does indeed look like a POS.

I was simply referring to the poster. But to most people, they just simply hate the movie without even seeing it [it can be terrible of course] just because it's a remake of something they apparently like. But I don't operate like that. I'll judge a poster or a trailer or a movie for what they are, without any biases.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I was simply referring to the poster. But to most people, they just simply hate the movie without even seeing it [it can be terrible of course] just because it's a remake of something they apparently like. But I don't operate like that. I'll judge a poster or a trailer or a movie for what they are, without any biases.

Well the trailer did indeed look terrible, I would be more nicer to it, if it didn’t look like shit

On 8/2/2024 at 6:33 PM, Justin said:

Well the trailer did indeed look terrible, I would be more nicer to it, if it didn’t look like shit

Let's get a betting pool going on if this is going to as badly received  as Lionsgate 'Borderlands" was.

Not looking to be agood August for Lionsgate.

18 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Despite my reservations about the trailer, this was a wise move from Rupert. You honor the legacy of Brandon while avoiding the curse. This is definitely the one film to avoid such controversy surrounding mishandling of weapons.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Letterboxd reviews are terrible, some claim it's even worse than Madame Web.

I agree about Letterbox reviews, but would not be surprised at all if this film is another stinker.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Letterboxd reviews are terrible, some claim it's even worse than Madame Web.

I wouldn't consider that review. User says it's worse than Madame Web and says Borderlands had fun and nice action scenes. That alone is enough to dismiss that user review. By the way, that user really seems to have a vendetta against this movie, because he/she keeps talking about the original Crow. While it's possible this movie sucks entirely, I really wanna see valid and reasonable opinions, without being the usual "worst movie ever" ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I wouldn't consider that review. User says it's worse than Madame Web and says Borderlands had fun and nice action scenes. That alone is enough to dismiss that user review. By the way, that user really seems to have a vendetta against this movie, because he/she keeps talking about the original Crow. While it's possible this movie sucks entirely, I really wanna see valid and reasonable opinions, without being the usual "worst movie ever" ones.

Problem is, when you remake a film with a following like the original Crow, you had damn well bring your A game to it.

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem is, when you remake a film with a following like the original Crow, you had damn well bring your A game to it.

Sure, but saying Borderland had fun scenes, immediatly dismiss that review imo. 

I swear this isn't a try hard anti-remake take - I saw the trailer for the first time with Alien, and it legitimately was one of the worst I had seen in years. Staggeringly, shockingly bad.