$7.3 Sunday

$29.6 Weekend

FOR FUN

Following Snatched (2017)

$11.6 Friday ($1.5 Thur)

$14.9 Saturday

$18.6 Sunday

$45.1 Weekend

The user score on RT for AQP has gone up to 89% and 4.4/5 average rating. Fabulous for a horror film.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It sure does feel like horror has been on a creative upswing the past two years. Don't Breathe, Split, Get Out, IT, Happy Death Day, A Quiet Place...all movies that got really good/great reviews.

I don't think it's too much to say this has been the best decade for american horror film since the '80s. And we've got Hereditary in June, which has gotten rapturous reviews; it's an amazing time if you're a fan of the genre.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Very good numbers for A Quiet Place and Blockers!

A Quiet Place was everywhere for the past few months! So hopefully a debut north of $40 million happens!

Blockers is coming out after comedies had mostly underperformed last year, and wom has been better. So hopefully north of $20 million does happen, and it does solid numbers in the states. Considering Universal needs it after Pacific Rim 2

Edited by Maxmoser3

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I don't think it's too much to say this has been the best decade for american horror film since the '80s. And we've got Hereditary in June, which has gotten rapturous reviews; it's an amazing time if you're a fan of the genre.

Thanks for making me look that one up!

And Chappaquiddick, well that looked very unappealing I mean the stuff with the Kennedys hasn’t been that successful at the box office(exception of Jackie with Natatlie Portman or Oliver Stone’s JFK). 

Its a an event that’s known, but not one to be made into a full length movie. And we all know Ted Kennedy was a scumbag. so why a movie?

• Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Why would it be likely to follow It? That was based on a famous Stephen King novel and had a 50.4M OD w/13.5 coming from previews. Split and HDD are much better comparisons as they were both originals.

Well, the comparison to Split and Happy Death Day brought up numbers that are not in the realm of possibility so they are not good comparisons proportionally to A Quiet Place's massive Thursday previews. It is a much better comparison because it brings us to a possible number ($39.3 Million)

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Well, the comparison to Split and Happy Death Day brought up numbers that are not in the realm of possibility so they are not good comparisons proportionally to A Quiet Place's massive Thursday previews. It is a much better comparison because it brings us to a possible number ($39.3 Million)

Yeah, but AQP being an original movie means that it won't be frontloaded like It was. It's not missing 40M, like at all. 50M+ is actually likely w/a number of that kind.

• Like 1

The executives at Universal should probably re-think all their life choices. They are gonna get overshadowed by Paramount 2 weeks in a row. That is enough reason to close doors and cancel all their future releases, IMO.

• Haha 10
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The executives at Universal should probably re-think all their life choices. They are gonna get overshadowed by Paramount 2 weeks in a row. That is enough reason to close doors and cancel all their future releases, IMO.

I missed this CJohn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well being a huge fan of horror movies, a big fan of Michael Bay and a huge fan of Brad Fuller and platinum Dunes, I'm thrilled to see the movie doing this well and I really hope I get a chance to see it this afternoon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, but AQP being an original movie means that it won't be frontloaded like It was. It's not missing 40M, like at all. 50M+ is actually likely w/a number of that kind.

I used both examples you had suggested already and thought it would be fun to compare to IT as well as Insidious: The Last Key. I didn't say that A Quiet Place would be frontloaded just that a total of $39.3 Million could be pretty likely with $42.5-50 million being the most likely with the latter statement not included in the post. I didn't say what my predictions were but maybe I should add that next time so confusion doesn't occur.

ALSO, Happy Death Day was really frontloaded in its opening weekend with Friday being over twice the Sunday number. Split is better but that would put A Quiet Place at $86 Million which IS NOT happening 

Edited by Mike Hunt

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

AQP is going to win 3 weeks in a row. lol @ Uni, WB, Fox, Lionsgate, STX, Entertainment Studios, LD Entertainment, and Fun Academy. ALL HAIL PARAMOUNT

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

AQP is going to win 3 weeks in a row. lol @ Uni, WB, Fox, STX, Entertainment Studios, LD Entertainment, and Fun Academy. ALL HAIL PARAMOUNT

Rampage is gonna win next weekend, IMO. A Quiet Place should come back to the top on week 3, tho.

• Like 1

Theater Counts next week

Rampage - 4,000

Truth or Dare - 3,000

(+1,000) - Isle Of Dogs - 1,547

anyone have a guess with how many locations Sgt. Stubby (Fun Academy) and Borg vs. McEnroe will get?

This weekend has +10,154 from 4 new releases.  

Rampage + Truth or Dare + Isle of Dogs expansion should hit about 8k theater counts.  I will assume about 1,000 - 1,500 each?

12 minutes ago, DAR said:

I missed this CJohn

The truth is that if the worse and most incompetent studio in the planet is gonna fuck you in the ass dry 2 weeks in the row maybe YOU are the worse and most incompetent studio in the planet right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

AQP is going to win 3 weeks in a row. lol @ Uni, WB, Fox, Lionsgate, STX, Entertainment Studios, LD Entertainment, and Fun Academy. ALL HAIL PARAMOUNT

What do you predict for Rampage next week?

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Rampage is gonna win next weekend, IMO. A Quiet Place should come back to the top on week 3, tho.

I only have Rampage opening at 35M next week. If AQP hits 55-60M, it stands a good shot at repeating.

1 minute ago, Thematrixfilm said:

Theater Counts next week

Rampage - 4,000

Truth or Dare - 3,000

(+1,000) - Isle Of Dogs - 1,547

anyone have a guess with how many locations Sgt. Stubby (Fun Academy) and Borg vs. McEnroe will get?

This weekend has +10,154 from 4 new releases.  

Rampage + Truth or Dare + Isle of Dogs expansion should hit about 8k theater counts.  I will assume about 1,000 - 1,500 each?

Borg vs McEnroe is getting a day and date VOD release, so I doubt it's in more than a few hundred theaters.

• Like 1