That One Girl

The Hunt | Universal | March 13, 2020 | Coming to VOD on Friday March 20

This sounds great, but honestly it's going to piss SO many people off, specifically for the reason the tweet above stated: it doesn't pick a side.

Honestly, especially with how social media has changed the dynamic of discourse, we're becoming dangerously close to George Bush when he said "you're either with us or against us". People on both sides are going to see this movie as "against them", which is stupid but yup, I predict some twitter outrage and some Fox News outrage. 

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This sounds great, but honestly it's going to piss SO many people off, specifically for the reason the tweet above stated: it doesn't pick a side.

Honestly, especially with how social media has changed the dynamic of discourse, we're becoming dangerously close to George Bush when he said "you're either with us or against us". People on both sides are going to see this movie as "against them", which is stupid but yup, I predict some twitter outrage and some Fox News outrage. 

I'm looking forward to this but I doubt it's gonna be seen by enough people to rile up either side. Should have a nice life on the home market though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm looking forward to this but I doubt it's gonna be seen by enough people to rile up either side. Should have a nice life on the home market though.

This movie caused a big commotion when no-one saw it, I doubt few people seeing it would stop any further controversy. Only difference would be the hot-takes would come from the other side of the aisle this time

There is a lot of chaos if something cause a big commotion or not, slow news days or not, being any type of far away from the latest mass shooting that the news/society made a big deal of (that Molson Coors one for example didn't seem to caught at all) being an important variable as well if it will make noise.

As things are going I feel it could make very little noise.

Honestly with everything happening in the world these days I doubt Trump would have the time to even be reminded this movie still exists (especially when the controversy feels like it happened ages ago), let alone tweet about it (sight unseen, of course). Controversies rarely impact box office numbers most of the time anyway (even awards season controversies ala Green Book have little bearing as well). For example, everyone cheered when Kevin Spacey was axed from All the Money in the World and replaced with Christopher Plummer in quick reshoots just a few weeks before opening and the movie fizzled anyway.

If they were hoping to sell this movie on controversy, that was  just was just killed by the Corona VIrus;no one will care about a fuss over a freaking  movie at this point.

Edited by dudalb

Disappointed in the response but I'm still excited to see it. Lindelof's one of the most interesting writers in Hollywood, and he's coming off two back-to-back masterpieces (the latter being maybe the best comic book adaptation ever made), so I'll see anything he does next.