CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Just now, IronJimbo said:

It really doesn't work both ways you know? That was 9.5/10 with a bunch of votes before it was even released.

Yes I know.

Like any anticipated film of course. REGARDLESS. This is the highest I have seen a movie get in 8 years. Civil War or any other big franchise film including the incredibly anticipated Star Wars flicks never even came close to this mark. Its a super high score.

Just now, eXtacy said:

Yes I know.

Like any anticipated film of course. REGARDLESS. This is the highest I have seen a movie get in 8 years. Civil War or any other big franchise film including the incredibly anticipated Star Wars flicks never even came close to this mark. Its a super high score.

what was TFA on preview night?

Just now, eXtacy said:

Just looked it up Force Awakens was at 8.9 with 70000 votes.

Before its US release, Infinity War peaked at 9,3 with OS votes.

Edited by The Futurist

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

how did you do that, are you a wizard?

https://web.archive.org/web/20151218014932/https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/

8.9 with 45k votes back on Friday 18th December early morning

Edit: Also found 9.0 at 21k votes https://web.archive.org/web/20151217071151/https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/

Edited by feasby007

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Before its US release, Infinity War peaked at 9,3 with OS votes.

Typically US votes are 0.1-0.2 higher than overseas for nearly every hollywood film. For TFA US voters gave it an 8.2 and overseas 7.9. For original Avengers  8.3 and overseas 7.9

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

how did you do that, are you a wizard?

Found a google image

IMDBRating.jpg

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

Few thoughts after seeing the movie

- I have never seen a more engaged audience for a hollywood movie here before. Lot's of clapping, laughing, gasps and cheering. But there was pin drop silence at the ending. No one said anything, or gasped... Absolute quiet as was I

- Guardians got the most laugh as did Tony. 

- Captain America and Thor got the loudest cheer

- The score is amazing. It also looks way better than Civil War and AoU.

- The fans will absolutely love this

Also Avoid spoilers at ALL COST! Seriously

• Like 3

I'm going to go out on a whim and say Infinity War had a higher score with move votes before the films was released than TFA

I expect it to drop to somewhere between 8 and 8.3

Edited by IronJimbo

Just now, FlashMaster659 said:

Geez if DHD won't give us number right now, they could at least give us audience scores.

and their 36-45+ is a laughable range. i don't think it qualifies as a range if you have to as many symbols as numbers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Few thoughts after seeing the movie

- I have never seen a more engaged audience for a hollywood movie here before. Lot's of clapping, laughing, gasps and cheering. But there was pin drop silence at the ending. No one said anything, or gasped... Absolute quiet as was I

- Guardians got the most laugh as did Tony. 

- Captain America and Thor got the loudest cheer

- The score is amazing. It also looks way better than Civil War and AoU.

- The fans will absolutely love this

Also Avoid spoilers at ALL COST! Seriously

Same here

Did you like it?

Edited by fabiopazzo2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

and their 36-45+ is a laughable range. i don't think it qualifies as a range if you have to as many symbols as numbers.

Breaking: Inside sources tell me that IW Thursday previews should land somewhere between 25M and 60M.

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lot's of clapping, laughing, gasps and cheering.

I have this in every Marvel premiere I watch at BFI. It's like a community event, people publicly comment on the movie rather than whispering to the person next to them etc. It would normally ruin the immersion, but in fun movies like this it actually adds up.

• Like 1