CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm surprised this talk is starting already :apocalypse: IX is gonna decrease from TLJ. There's absolutely no hook for it.

I really don't see that happening, although I'm a giant pessimist I've got to say.

Just now, John Marston said:

Trashmerica let us down again. International box office is where it’s at

Someone give Canadian stats for IW. I don't wanna be lumped with Trashmerica

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MonstersandRoy said:

The most anticipated Marvel film ever, and still nearly $20 below TFA's previews. TFA truly was a monster of epic proportions. I thought Infinity Wars would be the first film to have a real shot at getting close to those preview numbers. If Infinity War can't, it's hard to see another film getting near that $57m number.

Colleges were out and so were half of the schools for TFA. Hard to go to a 2am show with HS the next day and college students getting ready for finals. Its nearly 50% over AoU and CA3's previews. I think we look at that comparison.  $250m+ happening

Edited by POTUS

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Dude...

I said wild fucking chance.

Also, if Paramount and Sega (in hindsight though two wrongs don’t make a right) deliver, nostalgia kicks in and a kick ass marketing campaign I can see a very very small chance it opens big.

12 hours ago, Thematrixfilm said:

is Star Wars The Last Jedi making any record on blu ray?

I hope an update for the previews is added in the next 30 min.

I think it is safe to predict no movie will be making any relevant physical media record anytime soon (and maybe never again).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Where'd you get your 30 million figure from? THR says that 3.9 million people watched it on Fox. I know it got broadcast on numerous stations though. 

And last year the figure was at 10 million overall. 

I'm estimating. It was reported that across three networks it had a 8.3 share, 2014 was reported to have had 33mm viewers with an 8.7 share, so I'm approximating off of that. It was on FOX, ESPN, and NFL Network... and also this was a much more controversial draft than last year.