CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

50 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Only 80mil for Ant-Man and the Wasp? That seems kind of low given the post-Avengers bump... though I guess it does take place before IW....

150 is far fetch for that one, but 100 is more realistic...

18 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

I think it all depends on what the total is by day 20 (day 21 is DP2 previews Thursday). I think it needs to be at $580 million by then to have a shot at $700 million. 

With news of the Sunday drop - not unreasonable

With that FSS multi of about 3.3x I don't think it's dropping more than 50-53% even with the $39m in previews .  It could be around $460-480m by day 10 next w/e with another two weeks before DP2 and Solo open.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Just missed AUD30m for the first 5 days in Australia.

4 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

Reported

A:IW                       930          21,239,893                   29,941,015

IFP                         268            1,502,535 -40%            5,878,458

PR                         304          1,227,543 -33%              25,407,138

AQP                       248          894,408-48%               10,369,132

Guernsey               226          892,998-22%                2,867,086

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Just missed AUD30m for the first 5 days in Australia.

PR                         304          1,227,543 -33%              25,407,138

seems mighty for PR. Looks like it will do 30m total there.

Reading some earlier posts. Gotta give it to Han:

On 4/27/2018 at 2:26 PM, WrathOfHan said:

105 would be even better:

105M

84M

71M

260M OW

I wouldn't be surprised if they're being conservative after how big of a range TFA had at noon.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:30 PM, Telemachos said:

Have you gone insane?

Well, looks like he did go insanely right. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

On a side note: I think what has prevented the MCU from truly becoming a GREAT series of films is an iconic villain. Not a good or great one (Loki, Ego, Hela or Vulture were all very solid), but an iconic one. I think Thanos fills that role. And that this could be one more reason why this movie blew up the way it did.

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Reading some earlier posts. Gotta give it to Han:

Well, looks like he did go insanely right. 

Gonna be so much tea over the next month, very here for it. Even if it's IW doing all the things I said it wouldn't; I expect one of you motherfuckers to pull up every post I've made for the past month and clown me. Brinngggggggggg it

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Gonna be so much tea over the next month, very here for it. Even if it's IW doing all the things I said it wouldn't; I expect one of you motherfuckers to pull up every post I've made for the past month and clown me. Brinngggggggggg it

I’ve been maintaining that it wouldn’t do anything pass 2.4x, gonna be more than ready to be called out if that one fell through 

• Like 1

RO will be pushed out of the top 10 as AIW climbs. TDK will be the only sub-600 film in top 10. Next year all top 10 should be 600+ and TDK will be pushed out. To think about it, a decade back TDK had become the 2nd biggest film after Titanic.

8 hours ago, Noctis said:

CA1 did $176m.

CA2 did $259m.

CW did $408m.

You may be able to argue that it wasn't a full on Avengers film, but the OW, final DOM and WW numbers prove that it leaned much more towards an Avengers film than a Captain America film. 

I mean, FFS, the entire movie is about the Avengers fighting each other.

47% increase from 1->2, 57% from 2->3.    

Iron Man franchise is -2% 1->2, +31% 2->3.   

Thor is +14% 1->2, +53% 2->3.     

Of solo trilogies Cap is literally the most consistent growth between all 3, whereas the it’s the other that experience way bigger jumps for the third entry. If the argument is “the more 3 increases vs 2, the more it means the third was an Avengers film,” then it really doesn’t hold up in the slightest.   

Put another way, just looking at First Avenger Numbers, Winter Soldier Numbers, and Numbers from other entries, we’d expect a third Captain America movie with just the Winter Soldier cast to have pulled about 400M, and Civil War not going much over that is proof that it wasn’t being treated like an Avengers entry.

Edited by Thanos Legion

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

On a side note: I think what has prevented the MCU from truly becoming a GREAT series of films is an iconic villain. Not a good or great one (Loki, Ego, Hela or Vulture were all very solid), but an iconic one. I think Thanos fills that role. And that this could be one more reason why this movie blew up the way it did.

How many iconic villains have we ever gotten in CB movies, period ?? Joker in DK ? What else ? It's hard to get iconic villains when most movies are made to feature the heroes. Thanos has become the best, by far, with Loki and Killmonger right behind him. Ego/Hela/Vulture were great, more so Vulture as he got more screen time I felt and was awesome. There are also the underrated villains such as Zemo, Alexander Pierce, Hydra w/ Redskull, Bucky in WS, and Obadiah Stane. Gosh I hate that they killed Stane. He could have been around way longer and done a lot more shit. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, a2k said:

seems mighty for PR. Looks like it will do 30m total there.

At first I read that as a joke about Pacific Rim and then I remembered Peter Rabbit. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Iron Raf said:

How many iconic villains have we ever gotten in CB movies, period ?? Joker in DK ? What else ? It's hard to get iconic villains when most movies are made to feature the heroes. Thanos has become the best, by far, with Loki and Killmonger right behind him. Ego/Hela/Vulture were great, more so Vulture as he got more screen time I felt and was awesome. There are also the underrated villains such as Zemo, Alexander Pierce, Hydra w/ Redskull, Bucky in WS, and Obadiah Stane. Gosh I hate that they killed Stane. He could have been around way longer and done a lot more shit. 

The Joker both in Batman (89) and TDK is iconic. There could also be an argument for Doc Oc in Spider-Man 2 or Magneto genereally in the older X-Men Films. But i wasnt talking only about comic book films, i meant franchises in general. And then you have the Darth Vaders, Khans and Voldemorts of this world. Thanos might just be in their company (cant get into specifics as to why since that could may lean into spoilery territory).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

47% increase from 1->2, 57% from 2->3.    

Iron Man franchise is -2% 1->2, +31% 2->3.   

Thor is +14% 1->2, +53% 2->3.     

Of solo trilogies Cap is literally the most consistent growth between all 3, whereas the it’s the other that experience way bigger jumps for the third entry. If the argument is “the more 3 increases vs 2, the more it means the third was an Avengers film,” then it really doesn’t hold up in the slightest.   

Put another way, just looking at First Avenger Numbers, Winter Soldier Numbers, and Numbers from other entries, we’d expect a third Captain America movie with just the Winter Soldier cast to have pulled about 400M, and Civil War not going much over that is proof that it wasn’t being treated like an Avengers entry.

Just for kicks, GotG increased about 17% from 1 to 2, very near the mean 1 to 2 increase. If GOtG gets about a mean 2 to 3 increase that would be 47%, for a 573 DOM gross. Honestly depending on how A4 unfolds that seems totally possible at this stage, though realistically the fact that it is the highest raw second entry should mean a smaller % increase — maybe +20 to +35 for 470 to 525.  

Avengers looks real wacky with -26% and then +40% (estimate), but I don’t think it is a great comp for the smaller series.

Edited by Thanos Legion

15 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I see the crow, I eat the crow.

On 12/3/2017 at 12:30 PM, aabattery said:

It's not really an argument when Star Wars is obviously going to make more.

epKpmlt.gif