CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Civil Wars highest score on IMDB was 8.2. It has since deflated to a 7.8

Right now Infinity War is sitting on a 9.2. I do think from what I am seeing the general audience is liking this a lot more than Civil War. My circle of friends reactions also agree with this. Scores in other countries own rating sites are also very high. I think legs could be pretty decent here despite the obvious frontloading potential.

Speaking for myself I have seen this movie twice already and plan to see a third time in cinemas. I never rewatched Civil War.

Edited by eXtacy

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Are you confusing me with someone else because I don't regularly shit on TLJ(nor am I even that attached to SW), I don't even have the time to post that much anymore(haven't for months now due to the new jerb).  I only really have time to shitpost and read the politics thread laughing at people that still think Russiagate is real.  I don't have a problem with Rian Johnson even though he made a shitty SW, its not like I think he's a hack.  Hell, he made a great movie Looper and directed the best Breaking Bad episode.

It's hard to tell these days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This movie isn't Civil War. That said, multi could be poor for very different reasons. I can honestly say seeing the movie has made the multi far harder to predict than before I saw it. 

Well, I took all of that into consideration when I predicted a mediocre multiplier.  We've known for a while this was the first of two parts.  The first of two parts haven't exactly faired well in the past:

Breaking Dawn P1:  2.06X

DH1:  2.36X

Mockingjay 1:  2.78 (an exception to the rule)

19 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

It did beat the Dark Knight trilogy.

Not in domestic tickets sold or influence obviously...

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This movie isn't Civil War. That said, multi could be poor for very different reasons. I can honestly say seeing the movie has made the multi far harder to predict than before I saw it. 

Agree this movie is far better tha Ultron and CW but the i dont think the multi will be better 

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Civil War was apparently loved by the Marvel loonies and it managed a 2.27X.  I just don't see why IW will manage to do so much better.  For that reason alone, I have it at 2.4 or less.

I'm a marvel loonie and while I really liked it I didn't think it was super re-watchable.

While not as 'fun' as the original Avengers I think it is more re-watchable than CW and the inclusion of SM/GOG/BP and so forth will expand the base of fans that will have repeat viewings

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

I mean no disrespect to DC, but let's face it, domestically, nothing touches the Avengers when they are all together, except for SW.

TDK and TDKR were more hyped than any Marvel film & TDK by far more influential. 

3 hours ago, AndyLL said:

I'm a marvel loonie and while I really liked it I didn't think it was super re-watchable.

While not as 'fun' as the original Avengers I think it is more re-watchable than CW and the inclusion of SM/GOG/BP and so forth will expand the base of fans that will have repeat viewings

Even though I don't like some of the Marvel films, I'd call myself a part time Marvel loonie, because when they do it right, my GOD do they DO IT RIGHT!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, I took all of that into consideration when I predicted a mediocre multiplier.  We've known for a while this was the first of two parts.  The first of two parts haven't exactly faired well in the past:

Breaking Dawn P1:  2.06X

DH1:  2.36X

Mockingjay 1:  2.78 (an exception to the rule)

Dead Man's Chest: 3.119x :sparta:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, excel1 said:

TDK and TDKR were more hyped than any Marvel film & TDK by far more influential. 

TDK came out before there really was a Marvel universe. Also Marvel didn’t spend the last 10 years trying to copy TDK... but vice versa?