aabattery

Monday Numbers - A:IW 24.74M

12 minutes ago, POTUS said:

@KP1025, I couldnt quote you in the weekend thread

@POTUS What do you think about this Monday number? $25 million would be just a 64% drop from Sunday compared to 67% for The Avengers and 74% for Ultron.

---------------------

Monday's hold confirms WoM spillover as it did Sunday. I think that leads to a better than 50% hold (TA1 -50.3%) next weekend and a better OW multi than TA1 (3.005x)

I give $800m a better than 50/50 chance 

Another way to confirm monday spillover is to see tuesday's number.

If tuesday suffered a negligible increase or even drop, meaning opening crowd are pouring into monday market.... 

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

that's IWP2

Avengers Untitled Film is the clear choice for acronym :P       

Hopefully the Russos just give us an actual title to use soon.

Rough estimates, some rounding.

Mon: 25M (282M)

Tue: 23M (305M) -8%

Wed: 18M (323M) -20%

Thur: 17M (340M) -5% 

Fri-Sun: 140M (480M) -45% v LW

Mon: 12M (492M) -52% v Last Monday

Tue: 13M (505M) +8%

Wed: 10M (515M) -20%

Thur: 10M (525M) --- 

Fri-Sun: 84M (609M) -40%

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think the gap between US&Canada vs Overseas should shorten this sunday, there's literally 0 competition for this next weekend DOM

There's not much competition OS either and the Russia opening might help soften the drop.

Just now, aabattery said:

There's not much competition OS either and the Russia opening might help soften the drop.

non English language countries always have their own releases

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Another way to confirm monday spillover is to see tuesday's number.

If tuesday suffered a negligible increase or even drop, meaning opening crowd are pouring into monday market.... 

then we'll need wed to confirm tues:D

CA3 was up 3.5% on tues

AoU up -.07%

TA1  at -6% but tuesday were not as big then

looking for hold up the wave

Edited by POTUS

Just now, POTUS said:

we need 3rd weekend to confirm it's not due to lack of competition then a 6th weekend to confirm all that's before it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, POTUS said:

CA3 was up 3.5% on tues

AoU up -.07%

TA1  at -6% but tuesday were not as big then

looking for hold up the wave

when those movies came out were a majority of theaters doing the discount tues thing?

2 minutes ago, BardCrank said:

Did RTH confirm the number or are we just running on hints ?

According to BOT traditional ritual, the god will give a series of ppictures or clues, then the members will then give their thought about the number it could be based on the clues provided.

The god then will give his reaction icon to the member who gave their guess. The correct winner will gain like from God while the wrong ones will get disbelief face....

In this case,a member's 25m got a like from Rth and the quote of 25m also got a like, meaning a double confirmation.

Hence, 25m...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

At this point only 500 is locked and 600 is looking good. 700 is still a question mark. We will have to see its second weekend to see where it might head up. 

800 is just plain stupid

With 25M today 600M is locked 

• Like 1

:mouthdropped:  :ohmygod:

That's about as good of a hold as it could've possibly had! 63.8% Sunday to Monday drop....... IN FUCKING LATE APRIL FOR A SCHOOLDAY MONDAY! Unbelievable!

Compared to all the other Sun-Mon drops in the rest of the MCU:

1. Black Panther - 33.2% (holiday Monday)
  2. Thor: The Dark World - 52.1% (holiday Monday)
  3. Guardians Of The Galaxy - 54% (early-August Monday)
  4. Captain America: The First Avenger - 55.5% (mid-July Monday)
  5. Ant-Man - 57.6% (mid-July Monday)
  6. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 58.2% (early-July Monday)
  7. The Incredible Hulk - 61.4% (mid-June Monday)
  8. Avengers: Infinity War - 63.8%
  9. The Avengers - 66.9%
  10. Thor - 68%
  11. Captain America: Civil War - 68.7%
  12. Iron Man 2 - 69.9%
  13. Doctor Strange - 70.6%
  14. Iron Man - 73.4%
  15. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 73.5%
  16. Avengers: Age Of Ultron - 73.7%
  17. Iron Man 3 - 73.8%
  18. Thor: Ragnarok - 74.3%
  19. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - 74.8%

BP is the clear cut Sun-Mon drop winner in the MCU, and its Monday was President's Day. Following it, Thor 2, the only sequel with a better drop than IW, saw its Monday fall on Veteran's Day. From there on out, the only other movies with better Monday drops than IW are all non-sequels released well in the heart of the Summer, with superb weekdays (and even then, IW's drop came close to some of those movies).

Every other movie on the list had regular releases with no Monday inflation... and look how much better IW dropped than all of them. Even Avengers 1 had a worse drop. It could be all spillover effect, but that is absolutely tremendous.

I'm starting to think there is a very good chance IW not only drops sub-60%, but it could even have mid to low 50's drop as well. April weekdays depress the demand all the way into the weekend. Madness. (And if that were the case, I would owe @MovieMan89 a big fat apology and a "You Are God" shirt due to all the arguments I got with him about IW's legs, and it turned out he had far more foresight than I did..... although close to 3x is still a stretch because Deadpool 2, buddy :P)

PS: Should point out that Tuesday will either have a minimal increase or maybe not an increase at all due to these Monday numbers.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

57 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I like you as a poster so don’t take offense but saying “600 is looking good” is a bit silly too. It will be very close or at 600 before Deadpool 2 opens.

I’m generally conservative when it comes to predictions but yeah I am confident in 600. Wom is far better than Civil War and Ultron and its Monday is a good confirmation of that. I think it will be about 575 or so by the time Deadpool opens

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Didnt movie man say 300m?

He did for OW (which was always dumb), but he also insisted that IW would have better legs than some of us were giving it credit for. If the movie keeps this momentum up for a while, at least until Deadpool..... he'd be right.