Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

7 hours ago, StevenG said:

Admirt it: y'all are calling this 'bad,' 'mediocre' and 'meh' because it's releASED BY Sony.

If this exact same trailer had "Marvel Studios" i fromt of it, you would all be creaming your pants with hyperbolic excitement.

the majority of ppl in this thread are creaming their pants with hyperbolic excitement, tho?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Imagine if this trailer didn't blow up and have a good like/dislike ratio on YT.

13 million views, 500k likes and counting. It's certainly interesting to see its reception elsewhere on the internet.

• Like 1

Sony marketing timed this perfectly. There was a "leak" early in the day, followed by the trailer a few hours before the IW embargo, so everyone was online waiting.

It trended on twitter all day, and was ahead of IW even after the embargo.

Trailer is almost at 530 thousand likes. People are liking what they're seeing. There's no question about that. 

Scott Mendelson is a troll, though he's a funny one. 

Edit: I've just noticed my mistake regarding the number of views.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

This looks like the most unintentionally hilarious CBM this side of SM3. It also looks like the most early 2000's "take" on a CBM this side of Catwoman. I don't know why, but every time Hardy spoke in that trailer it felt like he was doing a parody of himself or something. Oh Sony. 

Hey, at least they got the character design and CGI right though. 

• Like 1