cannastop

Thursday Numbers ~ A:IW $15.5

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Weird how the script would be meh considering he's only directed great scripts that he wrote himself. It's beyond foolish to believe Avatars script was bad if thats what youre alluding to but I'm not interested in this argument right now.

Avatar's script is weak but the movie is great, that is the part that I always admire of james cameron. He can turn the 2nd-3rd class screenplay into the worldclass experience!

i do agree a great film need to have great story or plot or script, but turn a sub-par script into a critically acclaimed, oscar-worthy blockbuster? It all take a one of the kind of great directing!!

People always complain avatar and titanic story are weak, but come on, expect a great screenplay? Just go ahead and read the novel!

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Weird how the script would be meh considering he's only directed great scripts that he wrote himself. It's beyond foolish to believe Avatars script was bad if thats what youre alluding to but I'm not interested in this argument right now.

MEH: Avatar, True Lies, Strange Days

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

December 18 2020

Is this official? 

Because Avatar 2 has been pushed back several times hitherto. Is it now under production? 

18 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Is this official? 

Because Avatar 2 has been pushed back several times hitherto. Is it now under production? 

It is the latest official release date and yes it is in production, beyond just cgi work. The actors have been on set. 

40 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Is this official? 

I think it is going to release in that slot. The film and Avatar 3 is well into production, and that's such a good slot I don't think they'd want to let it go.

41 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thursday grosses are odd as some go into the weekend.

Will be around 700 million Overseas Sunday and around 1.15 billion WW :)

40 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

1.2 is not impossible 

OS should be closer to 750 than 700 I think. Even 160OS+15m Russia OW+125m Dom weekend gets it to 1.2b by Sunday. 

I must say it is doing better than I expected. I thought it would be at 1.2b by next Friday when it opens in China but its gonna hit that number or be close to it this Sunday itself

• Like 2