Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

1 hour ago, MonstersandRoy said:

Isn't 2 billion worldwide still on because of how big it could go in China?

Let’s not get to hyped now. This will probably do 600 million domestically. And let’s say 900 os. That puts it at 1,5 billion.  There is no way it willl reach 500 in China alone.  I think a realistic number is 300

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

I see we’re reacting properly by being disappointed in a film that is a massive success 

230*2.65 = 623 --> all's great

258*2.50 = 645 --> disappointing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

It needs 700 to have a chance at reaching 2 billion.  

why hang 2b over aiw's head? at 1.8b it will have beaten ta by a whooping 300 to become the biggest mcu film by a distance. 'wont reach 2b' talk is just a trollish way to make the run look lesser than it is.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Is 700 M domestic not a possibility now?

I'm actually unbiased with numbers so believe me when I say it's more likely going to fall under than over. It still has a small chance but I don't see it happening, we're looking at closer to 650 than 700

10 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

why hang 2b over aiw's head? at 1.8b it will have beaten ta by a whooping 300 to become the biggest mcu film by a distance. 'wont reach 2b' talk is just a trollish way to make the run look lesser than it is.

The reason Grace will be doing that is because quite a few said $2b was locked so it's hanging it over their heads rather than AIW itself.

If hype hadn't of gotten out of control on mon/ tues I doubt Grace would be rubbing it in.

Now you can say yeah but they were stupid to think that in the first place but it wasn't just a couple outliers saying it. A good chunk of reddit box office were saying the same thing (reddit you suck you can't downvote me here).

It wasn't even stupid to believe 2b, it actually seemed likely.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm actually unbiased with numbers so believe me when I say it's more likely going to fall under than over. It still has a small chance but I don't see it happening, we're looking at closer to 650 than 700

Imo, Titanics 659M is still very much possible, but it really depends on how IW will fare with Deadpool 2 and Solo. Black Panther had all the room in the world to prosper, IW hasnt.

14 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Because after its first full week and before this horrible weekend 2 billion WW looked like a lock and having such a shitty weekend basically ruined its chances. I don’t care if it’s beating ta this had a legitimate chance at n2 of all time before this weekend. 

Honestly this is something that I have never seen before. If someone can think of another movie having a huge ow AND THEN continuing with very good first weekdays and suddenly starting to drop hard in its second weekend I’d like to know it. Most movies with big ow that have bad legs show the first signs of bad legs from their first Monday, let alone the whole first set of weekdays. Talk about normal weekday without holidays, summer e.t.c

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The reason Grace will be doing that is because quite a few said $2b was locked so it's hanging it over their heads rather than AIW itself.

If hype hadn't of gotten out of control on mon/ tues I doubt Grace would be rubbing it in.

Now you can say yeah but they were stupid to think that in the first place but it wasn't just a couple outliers saying it. A good chunk of reddit box office were saying the same thing (reddit you suck you can't downvote me here).

She/he is a troll. 

• Like 2

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

Because after its first full week and before this horrible weekend 2 billion WW looked like a lock and having such a shifty weekend basically ruined its chances. I don’t care if it’s beating ta this had a legitimate chance at n2 of all time before this weekend. 

to the delusional

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

Honestly this is something that I have never seen before. If someone can think of another movie having a huge ow AND THEN continuing with very good first weekdays and suddenly starting to drop hard in its second weekend I’d like to know it. Most movies with ow that have bad legs show the first signs of bad legs from their first Monday, let alone the whole first set of weekdays. Talk about Norma weekday without holidays, summer e.t.c

summer mcu sequel drops:

im3, aou, ca3 : 58-59.5% drops

ca2: 57% drop

gotg2: 55% drop

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Weird how some people seem to think that 2B isn’t happening now. Even with 640 domestic or something, it’s pretty basic addition to see how it still happens.

Also who knows with China, could explode there for all we know. Definitely not over while China exists.

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Imo, Titanics 659M is still very much possible, but it really depends on how IW will fare with Deadpool 2 and Solo. Black Panther had all the room in the world to prosper, IW hasnt.

Asked me before this weekend I would have thought Titanic was toast, now it could go either way. I'm thinking DP2 and SOLO are going to be rough for it.

Edited by IronJimbo

How is this weekend horrible again? I'm sorry did I go back in time to April 2016? Dear god, the hyperbole is overwhelming. Name another comic book film besides it's sequel that has a ghost of a chance of hitting the 1.5+bil the film is looking to make. Not even Black Panther 2 will do that because it doesn't have the overseas numbers. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

to the delusional

summer mcu sequel drops:

im3, aou, ca3 : 58-59.5% drops

ca2: 57% drop

gotg2: 55% drop

Did you even read my post ? All the non-summer movies that you mention showed from their first week weekdays that they would drop big in their second weekend, I am asking for a movie with great first week weekdays that suddenly has a big drop in its second weekend.

Again if someone who has a serious reply without bullshit personal insults can come up with a reply I would very much like to see it. Movie with huge ow AND GREAT FIRST WEEK WEEKDAYS dropping like a rock in its second weekend.

• ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Because after its first full week and before this horrible weekend 2 billion WW looked like a lock and having such a shitty weekend basically ruined its chances. I don’t care if it’s beating ta this had a legitimate chance at n2 of all time before this weekend. 

Honestly this is something that I have never seen before. If someone can think of another movie having a huge ow AND THEN continuing with very good first weekdays and suddenly starting to drop hard in its second weekend I’d like to know it. Most movies with big ow that have bad legs show the first signs of bad legs from their first Monday, let alone the whole first set of weekdays. Talk about normal weekday without holidays, summer e.t.c

TDK

People were disappointed back in the day with its 2nd weekend drop after having massive weekdays

• Like 2