Life of the Party: 18M

Overboard: 7.5M

A Quiet Place: 6.1M

I Feel Pretty: 3.7M

Rampage: 2.8M

Tully: 2.2M

Black Panther: 2M

Bad Samaritan: 900k

Depending how much Bad Samaritan drops and how much Disobedience expands, this might be our first weekend since last March where the top 10 includes a sub-1M grosser :ohmygod: 

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

No way, I will try every measures that I can, just to stop every single dollar that approaching Titanic 

So you're responsible for this ABSOLUTELY GODSMACKINGLY HORRENDOUS (according to some of this forum's delusional members :ph34r::hahaha:) 2nd weekend drop? What kind of jinxing have you done, demon?!

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So you're responsible for this ABSOLUTELY GODSMACKINGLY HORRENDOUS (according to some of this forum's delusional members :ph34r::hahaha:) 2nd weekend drop? What kind of jinxing have you done, demon?!

PleasingDefiniteCrustacean-max-14mb.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This is why I despise discussing box office with anyone who isn't a member here. I told people for weeks that Black Panther was going to end up with the higher domestic total and all I heard was "Avengers has BP,  now throw in Iron Man and Cap etc..." 

That's not how the fucking box office works. BP had black viewership and repeat viewings.  That eclipses the fact that there are more heroes in IW. 

Thanks to this place..   you guys are always spot on.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

This is why I despise discussing box office with anyone who isn't a member here. I told people for weeks that Black Panther was going to end up with the higher domestic total and all I heard was "Avengers has BP,  now throw in Iron Man and Cap etc..." 

That's not how the fucking box office works. BP had black viewership and repeat viewings.  That eclipses the fact that there are more heroes in IW. 

Yea celebrities, black youth and church groups aren’t buying out showtimes for IW.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

OH FUCK I GOT A PERFECT SCORE ON PART C IN THE SUMMER GAME THIS WEEK :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: I just need BP to stay under Tully

How the hell did you do so well on the placements?  Like you picked BS to finish 10th and RPO at 12.  That's incredible, seriously.  

I hate this game already.  I got one right in the placements.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

This also has more competition looming on the horizon:

Deadpool 2, Solo, Incredibles 2, Jurrasic World 2, and Oceans 8 all coming out in the next month or so.

BP had Tomb Raider (which flopped, maybe partially due to BP), A Wrinkle in Time (which underperformed), Pacific Rim 2 (which did about as expected and less than its surprisingly mildly successful prequel), Ready Player One, and A Quiet Place (which came out of nowhere). Basically BP took February, faced off against a weak March, and Rampage didnt release until mid april. I don't think it would still be in the top 10 come August if it came out when IW did and IW released in August instead (and IW and the Wasp in October). That's not to discredit the cultural phenomenon of BP, more to illustrate what IW's up against (star wars, Oceans, Jurrasic World, the sequel to the highest grossing R rated film of all time which happens to be in the same genre and the sequel to one of Pixars top films which also happens to be in the same genre) some of the top franchises ever.

Edited by MrSinister
Maybe im not banned?
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Gitesh is optimistic...

Gitesh is obviously not related to this guy:

15958008-c285-4852-bbe3-4fa2286f5618_scr

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Yeah, attendances have slowly been picking up over the past 2-3 years. We are now back at pre-recession levels of tickets sold.

Avatar was a phenom over here. It made €77m and our second top grossing movie of all time (a local comedy) lies at €55m. 

It is amazing the difference in gross between Avatar and "Ocho apellidos vascos" taking into account that both films sold basically the same amount of tickets.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I picture you screaming this in someone's face, red-faced and in public.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did get a lil swept up in the great weekday #s and thought 700M was a lock (still might happen but not lock) BUT I feel good about telling the ppl who were predicting 800M to calm the hell down

• Like 2