Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

6 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Did you even read my post ? All the non-summer movies that you mention showed from their first week weekdays that they would drop big in their second weekend, I am asking for a movie with great first week weekdays that suddenly has a big drop in its second weekend.

Well the easy explanation is that it was spillover from people not being able to see it on Opening Weekend. $2 Billion is still well on the table just needs to rely on China more. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

Some people are determined to feel disappointed just for the sake of being disappointed by having placed these ridiculous expectations in their minds of what IW was going to do.

Eternal pessimists looking for something to complain about.

Calling a 110+ 2nd weekend "horrible" is so out of touch with reality I don't even know where to begin.

• Like 10
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

How is this weekend horrible again? I'm sorry did I go back in time to April 2016? Dear god, the hyperbole is overwhelming. Name another comic book film besides it's sequel that has a ghost of a chance of hitting the 1.5+bil the film is looking to make. Not even Black Panther 2 will do that because it doesn't have the overseas numbers. 

Easy.  

Spoiler

Avengers 5 :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Tough to do without Christmas legs and Deadpool 2 a week earlier.

Yeh I don’t think it’ll be easy. But technically it still should. 

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

nope

What? We can’t compare spin-off’s from the exact same franchises now? :lol: really??!

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Right it's fine to be disappointed (I personally wanted a weekend of $120M+) but to say the numbers are horrible I can't agree with. 

Horrible is a 69.1% drop. Horrible is a 67.4% drop. I wanted a 120mil as well but eh, what are you gonna do?

As I’ve said loads this weekend: People can be disappointed in the drops, but not the numbers.

Tbh though, people can be disappointed in whatever they like, it’s their own disappointment. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

As I’ve said loads this weekend: People can be disappointed in the drops, but not the numbers.

Tbh though, people can be disappointed in whatever they like, it’s their own disappointment. 

Being disappointed is fine, whatever. Calling the drop horrible is a flat out untruthful statement. Calling it a mediocre or okay drop would be completely fair but I know this is the internet so that is too much to ask.

• Like 1

I didn't even remember TDK reaction but that sounds about right. Once fans have it in their minds that their pet movie is going to do extra special and drop 30%, then there is nothing that you can do to convince them that anything less than that is a failure. 

2 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

So, second Weekend looks to be setting up IW to have a 2.4ish multiplier, with legs similar to about every MCU sequel. Who'd have seen this coming.

Still think this gets over 2.5x but yeah much closer to Ultron and Iron Man 3 than Avengers. Still most people thought Infinity War would have Ultron legs at best. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr