kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

10 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Titanic is GOAT. Can't believe I am saying this, but Avatar is weakest among last 3 all time earners.

That is something I can't resistant to highlight that , it is an indisputable all time epic, greatest of all time.

Also, I see Avatar as stronger all time champion than EG simply because Avatar scored more all time champion in more countries than EndGAME.

Of the top 20 significant traceable markets, Avatar had all time box office local currency gross champion crown in 13 of them while EndGame only has 5 currently, might be 6,

While Titanic obviously ruled them all, scored 18 out of 20.   

US+Canada X
China X*
Japan X X
UK X
France X
Germany X X
Italy X
Spain X
Russia X X
Netherlands X X
Brazil X
Mexico X
Argentina X
South Korea X*
Taiwan X
HongKong
Malaysia
Australia X
New Zealand X
India X* X* X*
  13 18 5

*All-time champion for foreign film

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

45 minutes ago, Sam said:

The mocking and downplaying of countries and territories when their movies failed to hit big there is vile and embarrassing behaviors from stans. And the worst is hypocrisy, the opinion changed so fast when their next favorite movie did well in those same countries. China’s “movie tastes” suffered the worst, especially in recent years, from such behaviors.

Chinese movie tastes is actually incredible just very unique. If one can figure out exactly what appealed in Venom and bottle that up, Hollywood could make a killing. Aquaman over performed as well but that made sense as did End Game.

Final China number is $628.7 million.

Domestic will finish with $855 mln max.

Endgame needs at last $1.304B from the rest of the markets to beat Avatar.

Lets see how this weekend goes. . .

Edited by Juby

4 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

What are Endgame's admissions minus US/China vs. Avatar?

If someone was to answer this could they provide sources because it's really hard to trust the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

iknorite? It’s so weird that a website dedicated to box office returns would attract some Cameron fans.

I know, it's why I always criticize Jesus when I go on my Christian Theory Forums. 

5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Pretty sure it is. Almost all.of them believe 2.75B would be a failure is which is sure idiocy.

2.75B would be a massive success..

For Jim yes. For a normal human it would be a triumph. 

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The only person that I have on ignore is a Cameron fan who accused me of being Greek, racism is in the blood of some people and the mods generally allow it in this forum. In the Alita thread I saw digs against South America, India e.t.c. 

Funny how nationalists so often confuse their nation for a race. Pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That is something I can't resistant to highlight that , it is an indisputable all time epic, greatest of all time.

Also, I see Avatar as stronger all time champion than EG simply because Avatar scored more all time champion in more countries than EndGAME.

Of the top 20 significant traceable markets, Avatar had all time box office local currency gross champion crown in 13 of them while EndGame only has 5 currently, might be 6,

US+Canada X
China X*
Japan X X
UK X
France X
Germany X X
Italy X
Spain X
Russia X X
Netherlands X X
Brazil X
Mexico X
Argentina X
South Korea X*
Taiwan X
HongKong
Malaysia
Australia X
New Zealand X
India X* X* X*
  13 18 5

Frankly it's impossible to compare with the current market and exchange rate. Comparing Avatar 2, a sequel to the much hyped sequel of Infinity War is fair.

As for Titanic I doubt anything will ever replicate it. You can't remove Twitter, streaming, Netflix, Facebook, cheap computers, tablets, smartphones, laptops, etc from the equation. Just like it's unfair to compare Titanic to Gone with the Wind.

I expect we will never ever see a shattering box office event again WW. All will be incremental. Could be wrong but that's my thoughts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

US+Canada X
China X*
Japan X X
UK X
France X
Germany X X
Italy X
Spain X
Russia X X
Netherlands X X
Brazil X
Mexico X
Argentina X
South Korea X*
Taiwan X
HongKong
Malaysia
Australia X
New Zealand X
India X* X* X*
  13 18 5

Out of likes, but thank you so much for this compilation! I'm going to have to save this for future use.

Titanic the highest grossing film in 18/20 global major markets? That won't be topped ever again! Truly sensational run!

Avatar scored very well in world's largest major markets as well, inspirational run!

Is there a website with this type of data?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

US+Canada X
China X*
Japan X X
UK X
France X
Germany X X
Italy X
Spain X
Russia X X
Netherlands X X
Brazil X
Mexico X
Argentina X
South Korea X*
Taiwan X
HongKong
Malaysia
Australia X
New Zealand X
India X* X* X*
  13 18 5

Your biases for James Cameron cringe me!! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/avengers-endgame-144-box-office-records/amp/

Edited by Life goes on
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Frankly it's impossible to compare with the current market and exchange rate. Comparing Avatar 2, a sequel to the much hyped sequel of Infinity War is fair.

As for Titanic I doubt anything will ever replicate it. You can't remove Twitter, streaming, Netflix, Facebook, cheap computers, tablets, smartphones, laptops, etc from the equation. Just like it's unfair to compare Titanic to Gone with the Wind.

I expect we will never ever see a shattering box office event again WW. All will be incremental. Could be wrong but that's my thoughts.

I've been thinking about this and I almost think we should create periods of time as eras, where the comparisons outside are frowned upon. I mean GWTW was released 12 times in a time before home cinema... You could only watch it in cinema. Titanic no Internet etc.

I guess one way of seeing which box office run is more impressive you can compare it to its competition of its time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I didn't remove them, I just simply cant see how that is an disadvantage for movies in this era, especially for blockbuster.

I do agree streaming affect box office of the mid budget drama/comedy or non-action/VFX film, but at the space of VFX blockbuster, technology advancement cohabit with them well.

Blockbusters are getting more and more money nowadays, while non VFX/action oriented films struggle. I called them income gap of the box office and they just got worse and worse.  The days of Hangover/Blindside or Ted kind of success are becoming less and less likely.  

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I've been thinking about this and I almost think we should create periods of time as eras, where the comparisons outside are frowned upon. I mean GWTW was released 12 times in a time before home cinema... You could only watch it in cinema. Titanic no Internet etc.

I guess one way of seeing which box office run is more impressive you can compare it to its competition of its time.

the office thank you GIF

EG is gonna make 30% more than closest movie from it’s era and 60%+ from third closest (second being it’s predecessor IW). Clearly a great accomplishment

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimiQ said:

the office thank you GIF

EG is gonna make 30% more than closest movie from it’s era and 60%+ from third closest (second being it’s predecessor IW). Clearly a great accomplishment

Hmm.

Wouldn't you say we were already in the social media and 3d age when Avatar was released?

It is a great achievement of course no one is doubting that.

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Hmm.

Wouldn't you say we were already in the social media and 3d age when Avatar was released?

I think social media was nowhere near current penetration and also the economic crisis is a nice separator of eras

• Like 1

Just now, JimiQ said:

I think social media was nowhere near current penetration and also the economic crisis is a nice separator of eras

Perhaps.

For perspective Avatar around 150% above its highest grossing film from its era. (1.1b to 2.78b)

• Like 2

Hmm.

Definitely, I would say every distraction that exist today, be it Social Media, online piracy, video games, large home TV, Blu-ray/DVD and loads of TV shows already existed back in 2009/2010. The only argument one can make is probably Netflix. 

So the definitive number of ~ 2.787B has been reached 10 years ago in a global market 40% smaller. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Definitely, I would say every distraction that exist today, be it Social Media, online piracy, video games, large home TV, Blu-ray/DVD and loads of TV shows already existed back in 2009/2010. The only argument one can make is probably Netflix. 

So the definitive number of ~ 2.787B has been reached 10 years ago in a global market 40% smaller. ;)

Thats what I was thinking but the 40% difference in global market size and all that good stuff does make it difficult to make comparisons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

For perspective Avatar around 150% above its highest grossing film from its era. (1.1b to 2.78b)

That's true, and ROTK was a truly great run as well.

If we remove the Cameron anomalies (A & T), ROTK would have been the highest grossing film worldwide from 2003 - 2011, a whooping 8 years, not even TDK, Harry Potter films and Transformers would have unseated it, I'd argue ROTK is more on EndGame's level globally than A & T, but people might be mad if I claim that so I will retract that statement :ph34r:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

That's true, and ROTK was a truly great run as well.

If we remove the Cameron anomalies (A & T), ROTK would have been the highest grossing film worldwide from 2003 - 2011, a whooping 8 years, not even TDK, Harry Potter films and Transformers would have unseated it, I'd argue ROTK is more on EndGame's level globally than A & T, but people might be mad if I claim that so I will retract that statement :ph34r:

Damn from 2003-2011? Titanic was really crazy because that 1.1b in 2003 is actually really damn impressive.

Actually I'm going to unretract that statement of yours, I think ROTK might be just as impressive as Endgame.

• Like 2

Damn from 2003-2011? Titanic was really crazy because that 1.1b in 2003 is actually really damn impressive.

Actually I'm going to unretract that statement of yours, I think ROTK might be just as impressive as Endgame.

Yep, if we remove Anomaly Avatar, ROTK would have been highest grossing film for 8 years, not TDK, Shrek 2, Pirate 2, Finding Nemo, Harry Potter 4, 5, 6, and Toy Story 3 none of them were able to outgross ROTK.

I think the reason that ROTK didn't threaten Titanic all that much, like how Endgame is threatening Avatar now. Was because China is dormant in those 6 years between ROTK and Titanic, if China increased by 10 times like it did during 2009 - 2019, and ROTK took advantage of that.... It's not inconceivable that we had a 1.4B+ grosser back in 2003! That is definitely impressive ;)

• Like 2