sfran43

Wednesday numbers: IW $7M

6 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Is Disney doing any marketing for this? Does anyone even remember the movie at this point, much less go out looking for tickets for it?

AWiT's getting some promotion this weekend for the home media release from a bunch of bloggers covering a Disney four day event centered around Solo's premiere, the 60th anniversary of the movie Peter Pan, said home media release of AWiT, and the 55th anniversary of General Hospital

I don't think it'll be much more than that though.

*checks*

Yep.  Those bloggers are talking about it (source: #WrinkleInTimeBluRay hashtag on Twitter and elsewhere).

Edited by Porthos

5 hours ago, sfran43 said:

That's a nice flashback to the past for me. I remember seeing Iron Man opening weekend, and then seeing Made of Honor the following week with my mother and her friends. That entire summer was amazing for movies, as I saw almost every major blockbuster in that time frame (IM, Narnia 2, Indy 4, Kung Fu Panda, Incredible Hulk, Wall E, Hancock, TDK, Mummy 3, etc).

Edited by Noodlebug
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, theaters are hard up for kid's films right now though. Parents literally have zero options right now for younger kids, and that's not changing for another month+. I'm starting to understand now why some here are expecting Incredibles 2 to explode so huge.  

Amen...my kids can't find a movie to see...and I have free tickets to anything (thank you supermarket Monopoly game)...we are waiting on Incredibles unless I hear great things about Solo and drag them (spouse and I may catch Deadpool 2, although I am also gonna wait to see how that is, since we are uber-busy that weekend anyway...

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I was one of the biggest stans for AWIT leading up to release but I thought the movie was not good!  oh well.

You literally said you liked the movie after you had seen it weeks ago. Or did you lie about watching it? It’s ok sweetie not everyone can afford tickets. 

23 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Is it really fudge of the movie actually makes the money? I though fudge was when they gave one movies gross to another?

I think nearly all of us are joking when we use the term fudge. I know I certainly am.

But, yes, the real definition of fudge is only the latter one you mention.  An expansion to reach a target isn't a fudge by any real definition.

Though if IW has an unusually large drop, having AWiT in 1,700 theaters is the perfect cover story. :ph34r:

Kidding, kidding!

mostly

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

That ambitious guy is you.. no?

looking at pictures of Grace I feel as though there's an underlying sadness to her, I want to cheer her up

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, theaters are hard up for kid's films right now though. Parents literally have zero options right now for younger kids, and that's not changing for another month+. I'm starting to understand now why some here are expecting Incredibles 2 to explode so huge.  

Coming out next week

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

looking at pictures of Grace I feel as though there's an underlying sadness to her, I want to cheer her up

Grace has been sad ever since she got fired from Marvel. But do not worry, I’m sure she’s cackling right now with the 62 million weekend prediction. 

• Haha 2