The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

Inside Out is simply a masterpiece.

I am not sure I can say it is my favourite of all time because I have a different type of emotional connection with older pixar-disney but it is seriously an incredibly deep movie. 

So many people around the world are emotionally repressed so this has a very strong message.

• Like 5

Inside Out is the best animated movie ever made IMO, and is the only animation movie in my top 25 (BOT has it at #20, I have it at #19)

It's quite simply brilliant. The writers of this movie are absolute geniuses.

• Like 3

On 19/05/2018 at 11:34 AM, IronJimbo said:
Spoiler

30 more to come and these 25 are guaranteed to be in it.

Alien
The Lion King
Jurassic Park
Titanic
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Inception
Goodfellas
Back To The Future
The Shawshank Redemption
Jaws
The Matrix
Casablanca
The Two Towers
The Godfather 2
Schindler's List
The Dark Knight
The Return of the King
12 Angry Men
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars
The Godfather
The Fellowship of the Ring
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Empire Strikes Back

That leaves 5 more spots.

I think we're going to see Spirited Away, Inside Out, Silence of the Lambs, Ratatouille.

The final spot will go to one of these.

The Avengers - due to IW it's possible people could have got excited and place it highly?

Spider-Man 2 - hmmm

Saving Private Ryan - probably will end up in the top 100-150

Strangelove - same as private ryan

UP - animations seem to be doing great this year

Sorry for ruining it for everyone Panda

The Lion King
Jurassic Park
Titanic
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Goodfellas
Back To The Future
Jaws
The Matrix
The Two Towers
Schindler's List
The Dark Knight
The Return of the King
12 Angry Men
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars
The Godfather
The Fellowship of the Ring
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Empire Strikes Back

Ratatouille

These are the remaining 20 in no particular order, next is Jaws or Jurassic Park!

Edited by IronJimbo

:apocalypse::whosad:

Inside Out is 6/10 for me, easily one of the most overrated movie of this decade. I love at least 10 Pixar animations more.

This list (Batman) Begins to suck if there is no the BB in The next 19 spots.

EDIT: RotK would be a bad winner. I prefer Titanic much more.

Edited by Juby
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 3

2000?cb=20140316152811

Number 19

Jurassic Park (1993)

Universal Studios, Directed by Steven Spielberg (110 Points, 28 Votes)

unnamed%2094_zps4ddjptqb.jpg~original

"Hold on to your butts!"

Top 5 Placements: 4

Top 25 Placements: 9

Previous Rankings: 2016 (35, +16), 2014 (9, -10), 2013 (27, +8), 2012 (38, +19)

Awards Count: Won 3 Oscars

Tomatometer: 92% (8.3 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 357.1m (789.6m Adjusted)

Synopsis: During a preview tour, a theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows its cloned dinosaur exhibits to run amok.

Critic Opinion: "Perhaps what should be celebrated the most about Jurassic Park is that it was the beginning of the end of an era in visual effects and the start of another.  The dinosaurs in the film appear by way of animatronics and visual effects.  It’s a spectacle to behold in that regard–truly innovative and groundbreaking.  The advancement of special effects in Jurassic Park helped pave the way for a change in blockbuster filmmaking.  Without the technology that was invented for this film, so many other films might never have seen the day of life.  The win at the Oscars for Best Visual Effects is one that speaks for itself as this film stands the test of time.

What Spielberg and company did with Jurassic Park was deliver a true classic for the ages.  As the film screens across the country, it ought to inspire a new generation of filmmakers and film critics as it did when I first saw it twice in theaters in 1993."  - Danielle Schulzman

User Opinions: "If I could choose any movie to go back in time to see at a midnight showing on OW, it'd be this one. A perfect example of a blockbuster delivering on the hype, huge opening and great legs."  - @Jayhawk

"This movie has held up well during the past 20 years. There were a couple of people who jumped and cringed at the Raptor and T-Rex scenes. I laughed even after knowing most of the funny parts the movie. And Jeff's character just gets more funny. Best of all applause at the end of the movie. It just goes to show how JP was such a iconic movie."  - @wileECoyote

Commentary: Steven Spielberg hits the list, yet again, becoming the first director on our list to have four movies show up.  Juassic Park was a revolutionary movie from a technical aspect, managing to blend the traditional animatronic VFX style with new CGI to create timeless and real looking dinosaurs.  Seeing a T-Rex for the first time on screen was a truly terrifying sight, and one that obviously wow'ed audiences.  Besides the obvious visual pioneering, Jurassic Park managed to tell an effective, traditional story that keeps audiences engaged in the visual splendor going on within the film.  Jurassic Park made it onto the most lists so far, showing up on 46% of the lists that were submitted.

Decade Count: 90s (20), 10s (15), '00s (13), 80s (12), 70s (8), 60s (6), 50s (4), 40s (3), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (64), 80%-90% (12), 70%-80% (3)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (2), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (3), 600m (1), 500m (2), 400m (9), 300m (8), 200m (12), 100m (15), Under 100m (25)

Director Count: Steven Spielberg (4), Alfred Hitchcock (3), James Cameron (3), Ridley Scott (3), Damien Chazelle (2), Francis Ford Copolla (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), John Lasseter (2), Sergio Leone (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Hayao Miyazaki (2), Christopher Nolan (2), Martin Scorsese (2), Andrew Stanton (2), Lee Unkrich (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Michael Curtiz (1), Jonathan Demme (1), Stanley Donen (1), Frank Darabont (1), Pete Docter (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), George Miller (1), John Musker (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Isao Takahata (1), Quentin Tarantino (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1), Robert Zemeckis (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (11), Pixar (7), Steven Spielberg (4), James Cameron (3), Star Wars (3), Toy Story (3), Alien and Predator (3), Studio Ghibli (3), Dead Wife Cinematic Universe/Nolan (2), Marvel (2), WDAS (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Terminator (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1), Nemo (1), The Godfather (1), Dollars (1), Hannibal (1), Mad Max (1), Jurassic Park (1)

Genre Count: Drama (31), Adventure (28), VFX Driven (25), Thriller (21), Sci-Fi (21), Fantasy (20), Epic (19), Action (18), Comedy (18), Family/Children (16), Period Piece (14), Romance (13), Novel Adaption (13), Crime/Noir (12), Sequel (12), Animation (12), Indie (11), War (10), Tragedy (10), Horror (9), Musical (6), Foreign Language (6), Cult Classic (5), Western (5), Melodrama (4), Romantic Comedy (4), Spy/Detective (4), Christmas (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Bio-Pic (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

JurassicParkDinosRuledWorld_large.jpg

• Like 23
  • Sad 1