CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

And then there are those that root against a film just because they don't want it to cross another film they like better. :lol:

Makes sense to me. If I really want Team X to win the World Champion Cup Series thingy, and I think team Y is the biggest threat to them, then I might be rooting for Y to lose before the playoffs even if I don’t particularly care about their direct opponent. Of course where things break down is that sports is a zero-sum game by design, while movie rankings are a bit more artificially imposed — doing 2nd for a year with 600 is actually better than 1st that year with 580, even though some other movie has “beaten” you.

• Like 2

Most of you guys would have never made it through the 90's and 00's tracking the box office.  It was an era of patience and slow burn that you learned to appreciate when records fell.  

Now the last 5 or 6 years (and especially the last 2 years) have seen so many records shattered over and over that mostly young people new at this have no real sense of that accomplishment or ability to soak it in.  

I would feel bad for most of you if it wasn't so head shaking sad yet infuriating to watch.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Isn't one of the reasons why blockbusters avoid August is because China only allows Chinese films that month?  Sounds perfect for Deadpool, since its not gonna be in China anyway.  Heck, Solo probably would have done well in August too, considering its going to make all of 10 bucks in China, and giving people a longer break after the last Star Wars release might have been good.

But nope, we gotta have both of these movies right next to each other, hurting each other and Infinity War as well.

Oh well, at least we're in for some entertaining box office weekends.

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

Anything on Infinity War?

Well, I have 2 revisions now that should stop some people from freaking out.....

I think it will make around $7.3m 

I also think the other one is looking better and better and may fall in the middle of RTH's range.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 9
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Well, I have 2 revisions now that should stop some people from freaking out.....

I also think the other one is looking better and better and may fall in the middle of RTH's range.  

Thanks Empire

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

If some people find the numbers disappointing that’s their choice. Don’t see why some are getting all offended 

It is my choice to make fun of them for being disappointed by an all-time record.  That logic works both ways.  

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

It is my choice to make fun of them for being disappointed by an all-time record.  That logic works both ways.  

People keep talking like Infinity War is a disappointment despite a lot of those people not thinking that it would do over 500mil just a couple of months ago. That's how this forum is. Disappointed with any and all numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You can make fun of me for my meltdowns and my lack of box office knowledge :P A year from now I'll come back to read this thread and see how foolish I looked 

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

BIPOLAR POWERS, ACTIVATE! 53.5M OD for DP2 is great, saves us from a super embarrassing performance of beating previous R-rated OD record by only 3% by beating it by 6% instead.    

7.3 is a less than 55% drop from last Friday, 700 for sure.    

Spoiler

Serious powers, activate! 52 was great, 53.5 would be even better. 7.3 is a pretty impressive hold vs DP2, probably just short of 30 on the weekend but we’ll need to see the Sat performance.

• Like 1

No one should have any problem with that Deadpool number. It's freaking huge for an r-rated movie. 

Unless people were expecting a Star Wars/Avengers level opening which is literally insane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People keep talking like Infinity War is a disappointment despite a lot of those people not thinking that it would do over 500mil just a couple of months ago. That's how this forum is. Disappointed with any and all numbers.

It's why I don't post much and only really skim the bigger threads and don't hang in the weekend threads that often.  

95% of the posts are saying the same thing over and over coupled with extreme negativity and childish babble.  Even worse is most of the posts contain hilariously wrong info or the most extreme trolling hot takes.  

• Like 5

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

BIPOLAR POWERS, ACTIVATE! 53.5M OD for DP2 is great, saves us from a super embarrassing performance of beating previous R-rated OD record by only 3% by beating it by 6% instead.    

7.3 is a less than 55% drop from last Friday, 700 for sure.    

Reveal hidden contents

$53.5M looks better than $52M :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, Deathlife said:

No one should have any problem with that Deadpool number. It's freaking huge for an r-rated movie. 

Unless people were expecting a Star Wars/Avengers level opening which is literally insane.

I think some were expecting a BP like opening after those reviews. Why they were expecting such an unrealistic number I will never understand.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

You can make fun of me for my meltdowns and my lack of box office knowledge :P A year from now I'll come back to read this thread and see how foolish I looked 

You seem like a nice kid.  Trying to help you break out of that stage.  =)