baumer

BSG Movie Trivia worth 20,000 points is up.

Secondary thought: with its own sub-forum now, the game could technically have as many threads as you like. So if it helps, perhaps each week's questions/answers could have their own topic. Same for each SOTM, top 12, International, etc.Just a thought. Might help with keeping track of things, and that way when people have questions about scoring they can just check the individual week's thread that they're questioning about.

You're a genius Shawn. I love this.And yes I will be sure to have a list of the deadlines at the top of the thread. Thanks for doing this. I love it.

Pre-season questions before a sign up list?I say wait until after The Hunger Games since that's kind of attracting the most attention atm. A lot of people are looking at the film to see how other blockbusters do this year.

There is no sign up list. There is no limit to the amount of players who can play. This isn't Augusta. :P

Secondary thought: with its own sub-forum now, the game could technically have as many threads as you like. So if it helps, perhaps each week's questions/answers could have their own topic. Same for each SOTM, top 12, International, etc.Just a thought. Might help with keeping track of things, and that way when people have questions about scoring they can just check the individual week's thread that they're questioning about.

Great idea.

If you mean wait until it's closer April, no problem. But if you mean wait until THG comes out so that people can use that as a template for their predictions, then I don't agree. THG has nothing to do with the Summer Game and it has no bearing on what summer films will make.

Yo B. if u want ideas. Check how I'm running the FBO here. A separate thread for each weeks qn's and SOTM qn's would make Sense. U can then lock the thread when answers close. No changes, no late answers. Run a separate results thread which tally's up things. (null)

Edited by Jajang

BHow good are you with excel? Because while going to sleep last night I thought of a way to create a template for each Weeks questions which could be scored in 1 minute once everybody answers is entered. I'm mad I didn't think of it for first year. If you interested let me know and I'll make it

BHow good are you with excel? Because while going to sleep last night I thought of a way to create a template for each Weeks questions which could be scored in 1 minute once everybody answers is entered.I'm mad I didn't think of it for first year. If you interested let me know and I'll make it

BHow good are you with excel? Because while going to sleep last night I thought of a way to create a template for each Weeks questions which could be scored in 1 minute once everybody answers is entered.I'm mad I didn't think of it for first year. If you interested let me know and I'll make it

If you give me the template, I can modify it to write the HTML codes for creating tables.

That's cool how do you do that? My excel would just have the questions and point value then a table for each player in which b would enter their answers. When actuals come In he just enters the answers into the main table and each players individual table would lookup to see if it was correct then award points giving a total at the end. Then a final table which would output every ones score automatically.Only work involved each week is entering each players answers and then the actuals. No errors, no complaints.

Im not great with excel but if you guys can figure out a way to make it easier for scoring, then that's perfect.And btw...DAMN GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE TOWNZY!!For those who don't know, townzy was the runner up in the very first game.

Thanks man :) I couldn't miss BSG.runner up by like half a point that was a fun year.I'll get started on that soon. When I get some time between my theses work and applying for graduate jobs. The only difficult part will be answers that are predict the gross and percentage drop. But I'll try allow for that. Anything to make your work easier. The normal question are all yes/no right?. Might just be the bonus you have to do as that will change the functioning based.on the question unless they are all closest too.but it won't be to hard, just v lookup/if functions

That's cool how do you do that?My excel would just have the questions and point value then a table for each player in which b would enter their answers. When actuals come In he just enters the answers into the main table and each players individual table would lookup to see if it was correct then award points giving a total at the end. Then a final table which would output every ones score automatically.Only work involved each week is entering each players answers and then the actuals. No errors, no complaints.

That's cool how do you do that?My excel would just have the questions and point value then a table for each player in which b would enter their answers. When actuals come In he just enters the answers into the main table and each players individual table would lookup to see if it was correct then award points giving a total at the end. Then a final table which would output every ones score automatically.Only work involved each week is entering each players answers and then the actuals. No errors, no complaints.

Well, actually there's no direct way to convert excel to HTML. What I do is basically write the codes and pull down to create series. That reduces my work by 90%. Generally I work with 2 sheets. In 1 sheet I have a fresh copy of all the records, and in the second sheet I have the HTML codes with cells in between that has links to the first sheet. Once it is done, you just copy the codes and post it here and you get the table.

Thanks man :) I couldn't miss BSG.

runner up by like half a point that was a fun year.

I'll get started on that soon. When I get some time between my theses work and applying for graduate jobs. The only difficult part will be answers that are predict the gross and percentage drop. But I'll try allow for that. Anything to make your work easier.

The normal question are all yes/no right?. Might just be the bonus you have to do as that will change the functioning based.on the question unless they are all closest too.

but it won't be to hard, just v lookup/if functions

Can you give me a sample question?

Can you give me a sample question?

Sure:Here is a sample preseason question usally worth 10,000-15,000 points.Will any film make more than 85 million (US dollars) in the U.K. this summer? (Note, summer goes from May1st until Labour Day...grosses will only count until LD).Get it right: 15,000Incorrect: lose 7500Abstain: (choose not to answer): 3000Regular season weekly question samples for this weekends films:All questions worth 1000 points unless otherwise specified.All questions are for the top 12 unless otherwise specified.1) Will 21 Jump Street open to more than 34 mill? 30002) Will Lorax drop less than 35%?3) Will John Carter fall less than 50%?4) Will John Carter fall less than 50% WW this weekend?5) Will Casa De Mi Padre have a theater average of more than 6500?6) Will Act of Valor have a Saturday increase of more than 55%?7) Will 21 Jump Street have a Saturday increase of more than 10%?8) Will Lorax have a better Saturday increase than The Phantom Menace?9) Will Safe House have the biggest Friday increase?10) Will Silent House fall less than 45%?8/10 Correct: 3000 bonus9/10: 5000 bonus10/10 correct: 8000 bonusBonus 1: Tell me what the top 10 cume will be to 3 decimal points: 4000Bonus 2: Tell me what the combined gross will be of Lorax, Journey 2 and This Means War: 4000Bonus 3: What will be the best % drop in the top 10 (I don't need the film, just the % number...to three decimal points) 4000If anyone wants to answer these questions this weekend, I'll score you.Good luck.

Baumer, I have created an experimental worksheet for calculating 5 pre-season sample questions. Since the weekly questions are Yes/No, they will have the same formulas and all. If you give me your e-mail, I can attach the worksheet. If you like it, I can create one complete version for you after you post the questions.