Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Not sure how scientific that reasoning is, Black panther fanbase and potential audience were not really either member of the alt-right, sympatisan of some of the views or influencable by them too. The old white male Star Wars fandom is possibly a different story.

For example one could not use but it didn't affect NBA viewership has a scientific base to say something cannot have affected college football:

paineentenajr-nflpol-2.png

Barnack youre probably one of the most reasonable posters ive ever encountered on the Internet. So really, that Grace Randolph Troll doesnt deserve your reply :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Star Wars is not a walk-up type franchise so who gave a flying crap that it sold more tickets than Black Panther in 24 hours. Why on earth was that EVER reported I don't understand. And why not follow up that report? Also even Disney internally seemed to be thinking 130mil at worst and studios always low ball so that number is reayly 150-170mil. How did Disney not see this coming? 

Because no one fact checks that stuff outside of the box office nerds on this site. It's clickbait.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm not gonna say TLJ had no effect - probably did- but when Jurassic World 2 drops 500m worldwide this summer I hope those same people say that JW is divisive. Sometimes it is just hard to recapture the lightning in the bottle of a once in a lifetime perfect storm megahit like TFA or Jurassic World.

It'll still be Kathleen Kennedy's fault for producing the first three. And her husband producing Fallen Kingdom. 

That's what the angry boys will say.

Just now, The Futurist said:

From a certain ('murican) point of view, yes.

i mean... yeah... that's what we're talking about. did you think i didn't realize infinity war has made way more internationally? thanks for the help i guess.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Seeing as how TLJ dropped from TFA, it makes me appreciate AOU's drop from TA even more. It actually increased OS and dropped less than 10% WW. Let's see if TFK can replicate it.

At worst AOU did like 40-60mil less than it should have domestically. I think that was all down to word of mouth. It was lukewarm.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I just think it’s bizzare to have a movie that made $2b+ and is one of the most successful films ever not be #1 DOM for the year. It’s like if Avatar, Titanic, or TFA had come in #2 DOM their year. Doesn’t feel right.

that's why it's cool. i like the years when they don't match the best!

Just now, harrycaul said:

It'll still be Kathleen Kennedy's fault for producing the first three. And her husband producing Fallen Kingdom. 

That's what the angry boys will say.

"Bayona raped Trevorrow's vision"

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

So IW gets to 683 with GotG2’s 5th weekend multi. Gonna be so frustrating that it’s probably gonna get so close yet so far from BP.

I say $680m due to competition on average end. With $360m in China, it only needs $960m OS -C to pass $2B. I have no idea where the current OS -C total stands as of today.

I was just looking at some foreign box office figures (I'm certainly no expert, getting up to date), and my god the Fast and Furious movies are so big. I can't describe how much I love that a 17 year old franchise that started with a bunch of people who act like my friends stealing DVDs off of trucks is now the biggest franchise in the world overseas. Amazing. I'm like a proud dad

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I was just looking at some foreign box office figures (I'm certainly no expert, getting up to date), and my god the Fast and Furious movies are so big. I can't describe how much I love that a 17 year old franchise that started with a bunch of people who act like my friends stealing DVDs off of trucks is now the biggest franchise in the world overseas. Amazing. I'm like a proud dad

I saw the future, go to China.

Fallen Kingdom could drop hard in US with -250M or so for 400M Dom, but OS has little reasons to drop big. It’s more comparable to The Avengers and Fast 7 than the SW franchise in the OS markets.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I just think it’s bizzare to have a movie that made $2b+ and is one of the most successful films ever not be #1 DOM for the year. It’s like if Avatar, Titanic, or TFA had come in #2 DOM their year. Doesn’t feel right.

Would you rather it have only made $1 billion? That would solve the problem.

Edited by tribefan695

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

3 4 Avengers: Infinity War BV $1,909.4 $626.4 32.8% $1,283.0 67.2% 2018
4 7 Furious 7 Uni. $1,516.0 $353.0 23.3% $1,163.0 76.7% 2015

:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Cursed Memorial Day

That one is funny, Fast 6 and Days of Future past did bunker not so long ago.

And it didn't work very well since because it is a bad date ?

Audience score on RT

Fast 6: 86%

Days of future past: 91%

Tomorrowland: 49%

Alice Throught the looking glass: 49%

X-Men apocalypse: 66%

Baywatch: 55%

Pirates 5: 61%

Solo: 60% (For what is worth)

Not sure the movie goers habbit changed during that weekend more than the appeal of the movies offered during it.

Blockbuster wise, I d say Jurassic World's box office run is the most surprising of this decade.

Never in a million years I would have bet these kinda numbers, 650m dom, 1,5B WW, wut ?

Even tho I knew the first film was gigantic in the 90's.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

yep this movie failed because they said he was pansexual.  good analysis there.

That not what the poster is saying, is saying the fact that they come up with that (if that is the case, the movie played early maybe they were simply asked about it ?) could be a sign they didn't like the tracking numbers and were trying to generate awareness/interest.