Nova

Tuesday Numbers: Solo "Could hit around $7.4" per Asgard 2

All I know is that it must be an incredibly slow news day if what Scott Mendelson said as a joke is making news and riling up people at this site. I honestly have no idea what you guys are getting upset about. Are people not allowed to make jokes anymore?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, baumer said:

All I know is that it must be an incredibly slow news day if what Scott Mendelson said as a joke is making news and riling up people at this site. I honestly have no idea what you guys are getting upset about. Are people not allowed to make jokes anymore?

I'm not too familiar with after MD drops but is that DP2 drop good? 

20 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Very good week to week drop and a better than avg MCU MD Monday to Tues drop at about 62%.   

It's post MD Tues is also a bit higher than AOUs ($1.949) which made another $45.68m 

If AIW just had AOU legs from now on out it would it hit $675m.

AIW has been pacing better and has less competition over the next two weeks and gets JW a week later.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 10

18 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Twitter bio says...

Film Critic and Box Office Pundit for Forbes. All opinions, attempts at humor, speculation, or typos contained here are not affiliated with said outlet.

So I guess Blog?

yeah, blog. Ther Forbes Blog is a website hosting blogs like any other hosting website, except you  pay a lot more for the prestige of the "Forbes" name.

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

Welcome to the Internet, 2018. A lot of people are in a perpetual state of outrage over something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I just completed X-Men Apocalypse rewatch and the only thing that came up in my mind whenever he showed up was the Disbelief emoticon here " :apocalypse:". What has this site done to me? :P

Underlined the only good thing to come out of that entire movie

• Like 1

I think IW will overshadow both solo and Deadpool 2 in the upcoming days , even with obviously lower numbers. I think it’s smooth sailing for IW until , at the very least TI2 launches and possibly until JW 2 launches. Things look grim for solo and Deadpool 2.

• Like 2

Infinity War:

2M (-62%)

1.6M (-21%)

1.6M (-)

3.2M (+100%)

5.1M (+60%)

3.8M (-26%)

12.1M Weekend, 30% drop

This isn't even the most optimistic scenario :ohmygod: The holds I used for the weekend are identical to The Avengers save for Sunday.

• Like 6

Just now, Nova said:

Thank you. Based on its drop last week from Monday-Tuesday and now this week seems like DP2 is gonna have its strongest days on Tuesdays. Go figure lol 

It's all those cheap ass college students who are out of school.  They're giving the older ladies who go to see Book Club a run for their discounted tickets.

20 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Good number for IW. Bigger than last Wednesday & Thursday

A GotG Vol 2-like post memorial day drop would have given IW just over $1.8M so yes that's very good!

Given this weekend is slow in terms of new releases as well, IW should have a tremendous 6th weekend.

Edited by JB33

With a minimum 500 million break even point ,I think it safe to say that Disney is going to take a bath as far as the thereatircal run for "Solo " is concerned.

I thought Solo would underperform in comparasion to the previous Disney SW films, but I did not think it would actually lose money.

Yeah, Disney has other revenue streams based on the movie, but it damn well expects a SW movie to make big bucks in it's threatrical run, let alone break even.

Disney can shrug off the monetary loss.. but for of it's biggest franchises to lay an egg is pretty embarrassing.