Nova

Tuesday Numbers: Solo "Could hit around $7.4" per Asgard 2

28 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

He keeps on embarrassing himself further even though it looks like he's trying to back off from his statement.

I mean, it obviously was a joke. Some people here take stuff Mendelson and others say too literally. It would be like taking everything @CoolioD1 says here at face value.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I mean, it obviously was a joke. Some people here take stuff Mendelson and others say too literally. It would be like taking everything @CoolioD1 says here at face value.

I don’t agree, the guy writes for a respectable page , the page of freakin Forbes not an Internet forum and has had many unbelievably silly assessments in his main articles for Forbes. In fact his most recent articles have been quite embarrassing all around.

Edited by Thrylos 7

To quote Ducky from Pretty in Pink, it's called a sense of humor it is nice you should get one sometime. I thought what Scott Mendelson said was pretty damn funny.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

What is wrong with him?

3 hours ago, Nova said:

If JW takes a hit it will have nothing to do with IW but these are the kind of hot takes from him that I have no idea where the hell he gets them from 

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Is he on drugs?

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I want to remind people that this guy gets money for "covering" the box office for Forbes. Its enraging honestly.

Also, fuck him, JW will get to 500M DOM. IT MUST!

45 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

He keeps on embarrassing himself further even though it looks like he's trying to back off from his statement.

17 minutes ago, Nova said:

I just read that article and it's so damn incoherent

15 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

As already stated in the w/e thread (and like Jayhawk also sees it), he has a kind of strange humour, especially if getting annoyed with over-the-top reacting fan(atics).

If something looks strange, provocative, or... just take a look into his follow up or discussions at twitter about it... or ignore it.

He isn't good with having a feel how his humour / wordings can be ... not clearly for others to recognise to meant be sarcastic, he isn't good at OS/China predictions/details and he isn't a fan of SH films (guess what happens when too many SH fans poke for news or over-react about something...)

He has the same kind of humour / writing style as my brother has, so to me it is maybe more obvious than to ppl not used to this.

My brother e.g. has a way to accentuate it strongly via voice, if he means something sarcastic it is very clear, but you wouldn't get it per written text....

He has now idea at all why ppl do not 'hear' the thoughts he had whilst writing, I think he imagines his sarcasm voice whilst writing.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Scott Mendelson is actually one of the most knowledgeable journalists when it comes to BO.

He still sucks but doesn't say that Solo can open at $300m WW or such level of stupidities.

He was actually one of the few journalists who said that he felt like it was going to disappoint. He had written an article before the film coming out pretty much saying he didn't feel the film had the hype to go along with the opening weekend that the trades were predicting.

I think he's good in terms of box office knowledge but I do find some of his "hot takes" or jokes so to speak out there lol 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

No one was really trolling this weekend as the 'trolls' ended up being right? 

Trolling is not about being right or wrong, the best trolling is often done by using true facts.

Trolling is using a language not to engage in a fruitful conversation at the maximum you could but using a language instead of an other that have no other possible intent that provoking readers into an emotional response.

• Like 1

Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom should do fine. Yeah... whatever happened in Infinity War.

But 25th anniversary, possibly positive word of mouth, and some decent legs should help it out. 

As for Solo, I feel bad when I was joking about it being Justice League 2.0. But wow, :hahaha:

its 2nd weekend though is going to be brutal. $30-$33 million may be it’s likely hood. North of $35 million would be embarrassingly acceptable.

44 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I don’t agree, the guy writes for a respectable page , the page of freakin Forbes not an Internet forum and has had many unbelievably silly assessments in his main articles for Forbes. In fact his most recent articles have been quite embarrassing all around.

Does he write for Forbes Magazine or the Forbes Blog?

There is a huge difference;the Forbes Blog is pretty much space for rent;anybody who can afford the fees can post there.

22 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Scott Mendelson is actually one of the most knowledgeable journalists when it comes to BO.

He still sucks but doesn't say that Solo can open at $300m WW or such level of stupidities.

Agree mostly

He is good for dom numbers most of the time (everyone is off, if prediction would be easy we wouldn't be here), but he isn't feeling OS/China... yet at least.

I also think, despite often enough writing strange things, he does delivery also interesting titbits the others do not even mention and so on.

Sees through patterns too sometimes before other outlets do.

But with some franchises he seems to be off too, but I prefer him and his ... snarls way over the most of the other outlets.

What I do like is, he is usually not so ... ridiculous extreme like some record hunting outlets seem to be with their kind of writing

I think he likes your franchise better than others :)

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Does he write for Forbes Magazine or the Forbes Blog?

There is a huge difference;the Forbes Blog is pretty much space for rent;anybody who can afford the fees can post there.

Twitter bio says...

Film Critic and Box Office Pundit for Forbes. All opinions, attempts at humor, speculation, or typos contained here are not affiliated with said outlet.

So I guess Blog?

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Agree mostly

He is good for dom numbers most of the time (everyone is off, if prediction would be easy we wouldn't be here), but he isn't feeling OS/China... yet at least.

I also think, despite often enough writing strange things, he does delivery also interesting titbits the others do not even mention and so on.

Sees through patterns too sometimes before other outlets do.

But with some franchises he seems to be off too, but I prefer him and his ... snarls way over the most of the other outlets.

What I do like is, he is usually not so ... ridiculous extreme like some record hunting outlets seem to be with their kind of writing

I think he likes your franchise better than others :)

To be honest, I am not so sure about that. I started following BO when FB got released and from like when the previews came I remember quite clearly his articles about how the disapointing numbers may not be enough for the plans of a franchise that WB has... They traumatized me. He changed his opinion later though :P 

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1