CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I really love the Fallen Kingdom soundtrack. Giaccino might not be anywhere near the genius level of Williams, but he makes damn good scores nevertheless.

Very true. Though, John Williams is still around. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have him score the next movie, if JW3 is the finale to get that magical & wonderful feeling again? One more JP-movie can’t hurt....right Williams? You did it for the two first ones.

• Haha 1

It'll be interesting to see if WOM slows down those Weekend Walk Ups, or only kills its second week.  I've been scrolling through letterboxd for 30 minutes.  They're not kind.  Mixed at best, scathing at worse.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Buzz does feel pretty muted for Ant-Man. Then again, the first movie was one of the lowest-grossing MCU movies.

I can see a repeat of AM1.

It opens with a sequel jump ala IM2/TTDW ($70M-$75M) and has legs over a 3x multiple.

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

It's been a long time since I've seen JW in its entirety but I seem to remember Robinson being a douche to his GF even before they left for the island.

Literally their conversation:

GF: I love you babe

Love Simon: Whatever.

Fuck that kid.

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

Dory jumped 19% on Sat (after 33% on Friday) and Cars3 jumped 23.5% (after 75% on Friday)

25.0 (+49%)

32.5 (+30%)

25.7 (-21%)

= 83.2

Given Incredibles 2 played differently - as in did better on true Saturday than Dory and other Pixar movies - I expect it to play better on Saturday and Sunday than others did as well. Snagged some of the superhero crowd and played well to the 18 to 35 crowd as well. Should do better than other Pixar flicks did in the evening shows. Just my feeling.

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

It'll be interesting to see if WOM slows down those Weekend Walk Ups, or only kills its second week.  I've been scrolling through letterboxd for 30 minutes.  They're not kind.  Mixed at best, scathing at worse.

tbf Letterboxd is exactly the kind of crowd that would hate this movie lol.  I think the GA will like it, it's a crowdpleasing fun movie

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

and of course there are some very positive reactions on there!

https://letterboxd.com/one_guy/film/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I dont think WOM will be bad or even mixed. People said the same about the first JW and that had amazing audience reception.

People just want to have a fun time seeing people getting eaten by dinosaurs. They get that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Given Incredibles 2 played differently - as in did better on true Saturday than Dory and other Pixar movies - I expect it to play better on Saturday and Sunday than others did as well. Snagged some of the superhero crowd and played well to the 18 to 35 crowd as well. Should do better than other Pixar flicks did in the evening shows. Just my feeling.

yeah, that's why I gave it +30% vs dory's +19% on sat.

Edited by a2k

Just now, Brainbug said:

I dont think WOM will be bad or even mixed. People said the same about the first JW and that had amazing audience reception.

People just want to have a fun time seeing people getting eaten by dinosaurs. They get that.

WOM is already below the first movie in other territories though. 

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

What's the record OW drop from one mega-opener to its sequel? JW2 will surely approach it, depending on your definition of 'mega-opener'?

%-wise or raw dollars? BVS to JL is some kind of record I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I can see a repeat of AM1.

It opens with a sequel jump ala IM2/TTDW ($70M-$75M) and has legs over a 3x multiple.

I'm still thinking it does something around $85M+. We just saw a movie open with $180M+ and the very following week we're looking at another open to at least $135M+.

Just now, FilmBuff said:

Terrible wom was the reason JW only made 650 million dollars domestically.

Agreed. WOM was so bad it coudnt even beat Titanic.

Pathetic, really.

• Like 1