CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yawn. 130-135 is literally the most boring outcome imaginable for FK. What the hell are we supposed to talk about this weekend now? Gotti? 

Yup

tenor.gif?itemid=4485157

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yawn. 130-135 is literally the most boring outcome imaginable for FK. What the hell are we supposed to talk about this weekend now? Gotti? 

This would be more than 50% above your prediction from yesterday evening.

• Like 6
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Might as well enjoy. Unlikely to see another $100M+ OW DOM the rest of 2018. Last year, we still had It, Thor, Justice League - at least it was expected to be one and came close - and Star Wars.

:Venom:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BugsBunny said:

This would be more than 50% above your prediction from yesterday evening.

Again, I'm glad I could make some of y'all feel better about your fav franchise film dropping 70m+ from its predecessor on OW instead of 100m.

Image result for you're welcome

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Again, I'm glad I could make some of y'all feel better about your fav franchise film dropping 70m+ from its predecessor on OW instead of 100m.

No one is trying to deny that Fallen Kingdom dropped quite a bit from its predecessor, but people were expecting that.  This doesn't change the fact that you were still quite off on your prediction.

I also remember when you were laughing at me for going with DHD's early estimates for Infinity War, yet that's exactly what you're doing now when you give your 130-135M range :thinking: 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cool story bro. Way to deflect it away from your 90 million prediction and your other prediction that I2 would finish ahead of it. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Might as well enjoy. Unlikely to see another $100M+ OW DOM the rest of 2018. Last year, we still had It, Thor, Justice League - at least it was expected to be one and came close - and Star Wars.

Good question - what will be the next one?

Next bulletproof zero doubt $100mm is probably Avengers 4

Next most-likely gets there is maybe Captain Marvel?

Next possibility is perhaps Fantastic Beasts? Barring an Ant-Man miracle... Venom is a possibility...

Edited by BugsBunny